Are you experiencing any mail delays?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but if I mail a letter at the local post office it gets sent 35 miles away to a sorting center first .

Sorting centers were closed, shifts and personnel cut. And scheduled upgrades were in equipment were canceled. Congressmen from both parties were in agreement that this had / has happened

How can a Post Office run without a sorting center ?
They just mis-deliver the mail and expect all the neighbors to figure it out amongst themselves ... that's what happens in my neighborhood sometimes because they simply can't figure out how to sort and put the right mail in the right mailbox. :rolleyes:

How can a Post Office run without a sorting center ?
The plan has always been to replace and streamline, a ten year plan. The post office was and is ailing.

Then Congress started pointing fingers, blaming scrapping of old machines and cutting OT in areas where it wasn't needed. It felt good, especially with elections coming up to - you know point fingers. Those AP and three letter news agencies, really didn't dig into it. Just, the blame seemed good - you know mail in ballots and all.

USPS is not much better now because the plan didn't get completed. Here we are.

I've been seeing it here locally just in the last week or two.

Normally, when I look at tracking, if I see that something gets to a sort facility in St. Louis, ~30 miles away from, I will almost always have it the next day. If it gets to that facility early enough(say 1:00AM), delivery to me that same day isn't unheard of.

This is typical of what I'm seeing now, and I have several packages out there currently that have been doing this same bouncing around the sorting center routine since late last week. They are trickling in one by one, but nothing like normal.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 6.25.38 AM.jpg

Considering that I took this screen shot just a couple of minutes ago, and it's now 6:30 AM our local carriers are most likely having their trucks loaded for the days deliveries(tracking history tells me that at least our carrier normally leaves the post office around 7:15-7:30 every morning).. Even if the one above somehow rolls into the local post office in the next little bit, I doubt it's going out today.

Back