Are you driving the same car since 2010

nope.
In Feb of 2010 I Sold My 2000 Hyundai Sonata(~115k mi, bought in August 2001 with ~16k mi)and Bought My Brother's 2005 Neon SXT(~54k Mi)Drove it until Jan 2014, Sold it to my Buddy's Mom(~85k Mi)(his Little Bro still Drives it), Bought My current Sable (exactly 70k Mi when I purchased, 102k mi today)

a couple Months after I bought the Neon(Summer 2010), that Same buddy Bought a used 03 Vibe(~120k mi). I Changed the Plugs and air Filter right away(Plugs pretty much right at their interval). He's Still Driving it, somewhere around 215k mi.
It Likes to Eat Starters(3 in the last 50k mi), A/C Compressor went pear shaped a couple summers back, at some point it's gonna need a new ECU...
But she still Chooches..

Last edited:
I have owned a dealership for over 15 years now so my quick answer to this question is, "Nope!".

However if I had done something else in my life that didn't involve cars I would probably still have my red 1994 Toyota Camry coupe. In fact, after this year it would qualify as emissions exempt and a licensed antique here in Atlanta.

That Camry is still on the road somewhere in south Georgia with over 360k on it. Some guy rolled back the odometer 200k a few years after I sold it.

Other than the Camry, I would have bought a 1st gen Miata and that would have been it. Either that or a 1st gen MR2.

All the best!

Steven Lang

Nope, but my wife's car is (1997 XJ6).

And our SUV ('88 big Bronco) is still here from 1994, and still pulling the boat at 217K - original engine and tranny
smile.gif

Same car since 1984. Civic wagon. It's been demoted from DD to weekends as of last January. Replaced by a Scion xB, 2006, a self-propelled shipping crate.

Originally Posted By: 46Harry
I have a 2010 Silverado that I bought new in April of 2010 and I'm still driving a 1962 Studebaker Hawk that I bought from the original owner in 1975.

Photos of the GT Hawk mandatory!

Driving the '86 Samurai weekly that I bought in '02. Just drove it today from our house at 3200' elevation over the 7000' mountain to our soon to be new home at 5000'. 1.3 liters of fury!

Bought my daily driver ‘02 Mazda Protege5 in ‘01 after being warned that Mazdas aren’t reliable. I’d bet I haven’t spent $1000 in maintenance during its life.
Danged thing won’t die so I can buy a new one.

Had the jeep since 05, dd till about 2 or so years ago. R1 since 2010 or 2011, can't remember.

Since 2009. My 2009 Honda Civic 2dr EX-L 5sp manual. 186,000 miles. Other than a couple brake jobs, a few sets of Michelins and a battery that bugger is original. Oh forgot, Synthetic oil and filter every 7500-10,000 miles.

2006 Ford Ranger bought in 2007.

1992 Honda Accord parents bought back in 1995. I started driving it back and forth to college in 2006. Since then I was pretty much the only one who drove it. I officially bought it from my mom sometime around 2011.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Nope. Lost both of them in the EPIC Hurricane Harvey flood.

Hopefully you got things back to normal.

I was in Andrew in 1992 but there was very little rain, bad winds.

Thanks. Of course Harvey was just the opposite. Lesser winds but it stalled on top of us and dropped 4-5 feet of rain on us in 4 days. The rain gauge near me registered 4.5 ft. I bought a new 17 Ford Fiesta for my wife and I got a used 2005 Chevy Silverado.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
a couple Months after I bought the Neon(Summer 2010), that Same buddy Bought a used 03 Vibe(~120k mi). I Changed the Plugs and air Filter right away(Plugs pretty much right at their interval). He's Still Driving it, somewhere around 215k mi.
It Likes to Eat Starters(3 in the last 50k mi), A/C Compressor went pear shaped a couple summers back, at some point it's gonna need a new ECU...
But she still Chooches..

Why do you think it needs a new ecu? I know there was a recall on the 05 Matrix for that. So took it into the dealer to have that taken care of. The 03 was the first year for the Vibe. That current generation went until 08 and those have very few issues. So if your friend wants to upgrade to something for cheap it maybe the way to go. The 03 gets the clunker designation while the 08 gets the Awesome seal on https://www.carcomplaints.com/Pontiac/Vibe/

This question and issue has much more to do with personal and societal economic issues than it does with any specific vehicle or with philosophies regarding keeping older vehicles. Due respect to OP.

Back