Are there more junky semi trucks (than usual) on the interstates?

Coming back from Az thru Palm Springs saw a CHP cruiser herding semis over to the far left lane. (y)
Apparently that cop didn't know semis don't belong in that lane...that lane is supposed to be for passenger vehicles only...

I haven't noticed more junky semis, but I have noticed more semis on the roads, and I also have noticed more of them driving in the 3rd lane on interstates (the far left lane), which they aren't supposed to do. Semis are supposed to drive in the right two lanes, but since there is no law enforcement on the roads anymore, like everyone else, truckers do whatever the heck they want...
Sounds like those rigs have no governor. There's definitely a shortage of drivers. I've heard 33%.

Been some years since I've seen a two stroke Detroit lighting the sky with a stack fire.

IIRC these rigs continue to be used because they lack current emissions equipment (DPF/SCR).

Many states including my own are making laws (or have already made) laws that override the Fed to allow “local” semis that don’t meet Federal standards on all roads.

See if we get a bunch of butt hurt local legislators when the Fed pulls road funding to states for letting the 200,000lb Beverly Hillbilly plateless sand haulers and logging rigs on the Interstates

Next year is the last year California will register any pre-2010 diesel Class 4 and larger. 2005 was the cut off this year. I’m getting rid of a perfectly good 2009 F650 service body because of this.

Back