Are Exide Batteries any good?

I’m looking for a battery for my BMW. Home Depot carries Exide batteries that are going for $110 without the core charge (not sure if Home Depot does core chargers).

Haven’t heard of a lot of ppl Sikh Exide battles. Usually, it’s duralast, diehard, or Walmart batteries.

IIRC, WM used them as their supplier a long time ago before JC and EP.
It was not that good at that time.

WM around here is actually selling EP batteries.

EP is East Penn, JC is Johnson Control (called something else now).

I had Ok luck with Exide batteries (only 2) in the long distant past. Did not have to warranty either. On the other hand, I had to warranty two consecutive Interstate Megatrons in the past. Lately have gotten EP batteries from either my local farm store or Sam's Club Duracell.

When I can get an Exide 34/78 dual terminal with a 12 month free replacement and 60 month rated warranty for $49.99.... kind of hard to pass it up.
I have one in my 2004 Silverado, and it is 4 1/2 years old. During the last visit to the shop, mechanic tested it at 700 amps.

My dad uses Exide batteries in his Freightliner truck and they do pretty well. Usually last about the average 5-6 years. They are much better than those new batteries the truck place has now called Allied that only last a couple months before replacement and they only like to do a warranty exchange once. Next he is going to get Interstate batteries. We have a Rural King battery in our Camry I believe it’s Exide made we got it in I think December and it’s been doing good but that’s not too long so I don’t know how good it will be in the long run.

Do you have a program or scan tool to register the new battery with your car?
If the new is rated at the same amp hour has the current battery in the car, then you only have to register the battery.

If it’s rated at a higher amp hour you have to code and register the new battery.

The current battery in my car is a Bosh 80 AH so the new battery I buy has to be around 80 ah.

My Jeep has had an Exide for a couple years now, seems fine. Aunt's 1970 Beetle had an Exide for 4 years I just replaced with another one.

I still prefer Walmart and Costco for batteries though.

****, batteries at Autozone and Advance Auto range from $170-$200.

While the Exide one is $110 🤣

Lets check walmart

Let's all agree that Exide is a great brand name. Strong.

EXXXXXIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEE

Very NASCAR-ish.

What kind of battery do you have, Bob?

Tony, I have an EEEXXXXIIIIDDDDEEEE. Arg arg arg arg. *Pounds chest*

Let's all agree that Exide is a great brand name. Strong.

EXXXXXIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEE

Very NASCAR-ish.

What kind of battery do you have, Bob?

Tony, I have an EEEXXXXIIIIDDDDEEEE. Arg arg arg arg. *Pounds chest*

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    190.4 KB · Views: 4
A lot of people around here don't seem to like them. I sold them as a backup when we ran out of house brand batteries and don't recall ever having to warranty one. Full disclosure though, my only experience is with the Group 31 batteries. I would run one without hesitation.

A lot of people around here don't seem to like them. I sold them as a backup when we ran out of house brand batteries and don't recall ever having to warranty one. Full disclosure though, my only experience is with the Group 31 batteries. I would run one without hesitation.
I mean, if it goes bad before the 3 years I can always replace it for free. The Exide H7 is $110 compared to $170 for an H7 Die Hard battery, $150 for an H7 interstate battery, $150 for an Everstart H7 (Walmart), and $170 for a Duralast gold battery.

All of them come with a 3-year free replacement

Last edited:
I mean, if it goes bad before the 3 years I can always replace it for free. They are Exide H7 is $110 compared to $170 for an H7 Die Hard battery, $150 for an H7 interstate battery, $150 for an Everstart H7 (Walmart), and $170 for a Duralast gold battery.

All of them come with a 3-year free replacement
That's definitely enough of a savings to try one in my opinion. Had the prices been closer the Interstate would have been my pick. That's what I prefer brand wise.

Back