ar6200 fuel modifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I don't post very often as i've no real knowledge of oil etc, but do like to read what's going on and try and learn.

I've just used ar6400 - which is Archoil equivilant of BG244 (for diesel). Anyway, i had a free sample of ar6200 fuel modifier. Quick copy and paste of what it states it is:

AR6200 increases the surface area of fuel droplets to increase the burn rate resulting in a more efficient use of fuel. AR6200 is engineered to lower the ignition point of fuel as much as 400º F therefore modifying the burn at a lower temperature utilizing more BTU’s and providing more energy during the combustion process. This also eliminates black smoke with a major reduction in carbon due to a much higher burn rate. A decrease in fuel usage is realized with added horsepower and torque. AR6200 is for use in all carbon based fuel types including heating oil and bunker fuel, 1 ounce treats 80 gallons of fuel.

Well, i had a quick look at the frequent asked questions given in a pdf form. Linky: http://www.archoil.com/stage/assets/File/AR6200 FAQ REVISED.pdf

A quick extract taken from Q2 of pdf:

The combined result is a much more complete bum generating more power, and/or requiring less fuel to generate the same power, per pound of fuel consumed. This results in the reduction of hydrocarbons from un-burnt fuel, and particulate matter (soot). Obviously, other things being equal, a more complete bum is going to be a cleaner bum resulting in a substantial reduction in emissions.

Needless to say, i know a lot of people say "snake oil" about these things, but even i'm wondering now when they say by using this product i'll have a cleaner bum!!! Maybe i wasn't supposed to put it in the fuel after all?

I did read other reviews from different forums about it and people seem to like it. Especially the Cummins lot with their big diesels. As it is, i stuck in 10ml in a 50 ltr tank. I have to admit, my 2.7 ltr HDi V6 diesel engine does now run quieter and smoother. And a bit more low end power. I have no evidence to support that and am very wary of the placebo effect. But the engine does feel better. Strange, i'll see how it goes.

After i've used this, i may give the 2 stroke oil a go and see what effect it has. In the fuel obviously!

Just though i'd post the above as the pdf QnA did make me laugh!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: savs
This also eliminates black smoke with a major reduction in carbon due to a much higher burn rate.
Sounds like me the last time I ate Indian food...

First off, lowering the temperature of ignition does not give the fuel more btu's. Gasoline only has so many btu's per volume. Kerosene has more btu's and burns slower but i don't think you want to run that in your gas engine.
ps
here is the msds

http://www.archoil.nl/pdf/msds/SDS%20AR6200%20NL%28EN%29.pdf

It is about 80% light petroleum distillates, 20% naptha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back