Apocalypse movies

Hate to be a spoiler, but where would they go with it, for any future episodes? If I recall correctly, at the end of the movie, there are no surviving characters.
Well, its already been done. Fallout TV series is coming out on Amazon this year, and the multitude of legendary Fallout games on PC. Highly recommended.

Depends how you define apocalypse.
Stick around until 2029. That's when you may get a full definition. There's an asteroid coming and it'll be so close to earth.... well..... nobody knows how it will effect the planet. It may even hit us and cause night to remain with us around the globe, for three consecutive days. All we will see in the sky in some places, is a red blood full moon.

Stick around until 2029. That's when you may get a full definition. There's an asteroid coming and it'll be so close to earth.... well..... nobody knows how it will effect the planet. It may even hit us and cause night to remain with us around the globe, for three consecutive days. All we will see in the sky in some places, is a red blood full moon.
Here we go!

I thought the new civil war movie was just around the corner? LOL

When Worlds Collide. I always liked the spaceship with a single fuel gauge:)

Attachments

• IMG_8926.jpeg
    IMG_8926.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
This one is probably one of my favorites. Even though it's a low end made-for-tv movie

"The Day After" , 1983

My science teacher showed it, literally, the day after the 9/11 attacks. It took 2 class blocks to finish.
I too love this movie....I was stationed at Whiteman AFB MO back in the early 70s when they had the Minuteman Missles...and had silos all over the stare of Missouri...A lot of town they mention in the movie I remember them...and the silos looked like they did in the movie...one might be next to a farm....

I too love this movie....I was stationed at Whiteman AFB MO back in the early 70s when they had the Minuteman Missles...and had silos all over the stare of Missouri...A lot of town they mention in the movie I remember them...and the silos looked like they did in the movie...one might be next to a farm....

The original broadcast made a real impression on me, as a jr. highschooler living about an hour from the nearest missile silo.

Reactions: hrv
Leave the World Behind isn't a story to be viewed literally. Each scene and sub-plot is an allegory.

The deer, the propaganda flyers, getting lost, Friends, Kevin Bacon's entire character, the housekeeper, crashing Teslas, what Mahershala Ali finds on the beach. They're all metaphors. That's why they're never defined or explained beyond that scene. The narrative doesn't need to define them because they're not intended to be literal.

The ending of the movie is also much bleaker than the ending of the book.

Apparently people buy the old silos and pump them out ?

I liked the series 'You, Me and the Apocalypse' only a singe season. There's also 'The World's End'-kind of a funny end, '28 Days Later' and the other '28' movies. There's also '10 Cloverfield Lane' - little different end-of-the-world, it kept me guessing. 'Life' was a solid one as well, I usually like Jake Gyllenhaal and this one took off action-wise pretty quick.

Back