Apocalypse movies

My favorite is Day after Tomorrow.

Any good apocalypse movies out there? I just watched “ Leave the world behind “ on Netflix. It’s about two families ending up in the same house on Long Island when a blackout occurs and things get worse.

How did you like it? I watched the trailer but i wasn't too amused but I might have a go at watching it.

The Road or Children of Men

You've already watched but the original Mad Max is great as is the original Planet of the Apes which is more post-apocalypse.

My favorite is Day after Tomorrow.

How did you like it? I watched the trailer but i wasn't too amused but I might have a go at watching it.
It had a slow start but with some suspense on who were the bad guys, but then it got interesting with various strange things happening. No significant special effects were required, just some computer generated images. It did have some thought provoking scenarios that were played out. Worth watching because it seemed realistic. No zombies or that kind of stuff.

Any good apocalypse movies out there? I just watched “ Leave the world behind “ on Netflix. It’s about two families ending up in the same house on Long Island when a blackout occurs and things get worse.
That movie was just a set-up for a series. Where's the beef? Too much soft bun, no juice. Although the Tesla scene most of the guys here would love.

We just watched Rebel Moon. That is pure sci-fi fantasy. Maybe a lousy movie but better than most of the EOTWAWKI movies because those movies never show how useless the fat people will be and how nasty the gov, our savior, will be.

That movie was just a set-up for a series. Where's the beef? Too much soft bun, no juice. Although the Tesla scene most of the guys here would love.

We just watched Rebel Moon. That is pure sci-fi fantasy. Maybe a lousy movie but better than most of the EOTWAWKI movies because those movies never show how useless the fat people will be and how nasty the gov, our savior, will be.
Yes, the Tesla scene makes the movie worthwhile for Bitoggers!

The Road or Children of Men

You've already watched but the original Mad Max is great as is the original Planet of the Apes which is more post-apocalypse.
Agree. I'm a fan of the ~70's/80's post apocalypse/dystopian genre; Soylent Green, The Omega Man, Andromeda Strain (pre-Apocalyptic???), the cheesy but good original Westworld....

On a more serious note, 1984 is very good, but depressing and, to Mattwithcats point, On The Beach is depressing, haunting, a bit terrifying and all too plausible which makes it worse, or better. For BITOG, On The Beach also has one of the best vintage sports car racing scenes ever put on film.

I may be blurring post apocalypse and dystopian a bit.

Last edited:
1704130220179.jpg

Forgot Darnation Alley..!

Jan Michael Vincent and George Peppard…

Landmasters and killer cockroaches

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/****ation_Alley_(film)

I kept waiting for "Leave the World Behind" to get some traction, and follow through on at least one of the story lines, but then it was over, and never did. For me, it was one of those that kept your interest enough to watch till the end, but then was disappointed when it was all over. Not one I would recommend.

Just watched that too, this weekend. Good actors and premise. I thought some of the scenes were trying too hard but overall a decent watch. I wonder if this will turn into a mini/series based on the ending.

Back