Apocalypse movies

Just watched that too, this weekend. Good actors and premise. I thought some of the scenes were trying too hard but overall a decent watch. I wonder if this will turn into a mini/series based on the ending.
Hate to be a spoiler, but where would they go with it, for any future episodes? If I recall correctly, at the end of the movie, there are no surviving characters.

Sorry but if you're going to watch a movie, this is the one to see. Freaking fantastic if you are into this stuff, true story and certainly fits with BITOG. We NEVER watch movies two times but told some family members to come over and we would love to watch it again.
It's on Netflix. Just amazing.

Any good apocalypse movies out there? I just watched “ Leave the world behind “ on Netflix. It’s about two families ending up in the same house on Long Island when a blackout occurs and things get worse.
Maybe I missed this down the line, but did you like it? The preview is certainly enticing with the ship heading towards shore. PS read my post above, since you have Netflex

Hate to be a spoiler, but where would they go with it, for any future episodes? If I recall correctly, at the end of the movie, there are no surviving characters.
I gotta go back to see. I may have missed something.

On the Beach enjoys a place "at the head of the line" due to its release date. It's kind of seminal, no? I must see it.

The 1949 one with Gregory Peck.
Not the remake from the 2000's

I consider it to be the original post apocalypse movie. The book is VERY good.

If you can't find it and you have an Android box, smart TV, or other non-apple device you can download an app called Stremio. You'll need to Google the "torrentio" add on and add that. I have every streaming service under God's sun but sometimes ya gotta sail the 7 seas for what you want.

I just watched On The Beach last week that way.

Most of my favorites are already mentioned

I do think the Terminator series are all post apocalyptic.

I may get flack for this, but the first Hunger Games was pretty good.

I really really hope the Dark Tower series by King gets done. Mike Flanagan still mentions it being a "go" once in a while.

I also hope WOOL on Apple TV finishes out the books. I'm not nuts about the series because it's got too much filler that the book doesn't include. It'll probably go the way of Shannara, which was unwatchable to the Nth degree.

That movie was just a set-up for a series. Where's the beef? Too much soft bun, no juice. Although the Tesla scene most of the guys here would love.

We just watched Rebel Moon. That is pure sci-fi fantasy. Maybe a lousy movie but better than most of the EOTWAWKI movies because those movies never show how useless the fat people will be and how nasty the gov, our savior, will be.

I just watched rebel moon a few days ago. The trailer made it look great but the acting was...eh. I wanted to see more shots of that dreadnaught shooting! The main actress is hot though and great in The Kingsmen.

I'm waiting on the Warhammer 40k TV show. The main guy is a big WH40K fan but the WH40K universe is extremely violent and bloody, hopefully the show portraits that correctly.

I'll add Blade Runner and 28 Days Later to the list. While Blade Runner isn't exactly apocalyptic it's showing a future that is rather dystopian. The movie is from 1982 and is set in 2019 in the same universe as the Alien movies. The scenario shown in 28 Days Later doesn't seem all that farfetched. Choose your pathogen wisely.

Last edited:
Any good apocalypse movies out there? I just watched “ Leave the world behind “ on Netflix. It’s about two families ending up in the same house on Long Island when a blackout occurs and things get worse.

Predictive Programming that was...my wife saw it, then gasped when shown the producers.

Wife and I just watched the Divergent series, we really liked them.

Day after tomorrow, The Andromeda Strain, I am Legend, Independence Day

More of a dystopian movie but The Salute of the Jugger (1989) also released as The blood of heroes was very good.
Been a long time since I watched it, but it was memorable In my list.

Depends how you define apocalypse. Personally I would also include some like Akira and the 1995 Ghost in the shell, as well as the OG and 2049 Bladerunner movies. The above have all been great. But I feel like a certain level of dystopian uncertainty and insanity is enough apocalypse for me.

Good? Well, there is “****ation Alley” - not a good movie (after the Third World War, there were storms, giant bugs, roving bands of hostile, and our protagonists set out from their base in Nevada to upstate New York to look for survivors) but it stars the most awesome truck ever built - the LandMaster.

Every car guy should see the movie just to admire the LandMaster in all its glory.

Recoil Web Review

From the movie trailer:
The Third World War left the planet shrouded in a pall of radioactive dust, under skies lurid and angry, in a climate gone insane. Tilted on its axis as a result of the nuclear holocaust, the Earth lived through a reign of terror with storms and floods of unprecedented severity. When this epoch began to wind down, the remnants of life once more ventured forth to commence the struggle for survival and dominance. This is the story of some of them.

Last edited:
Back