API SN Synthetic Oil Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have SN PYB and QS. We also have PU, Pennz HM, and PP all in the new style jugs. I haven't looked at them to confirm it, but I'm assuming their SN as well. The PYB I'm almost 2k into is SN.

Edit: realized you were referring to synthetic only after I posted the above.

-Spyder

Last edited:
I picked up 12 quarts, in the bronze bottle, of Pennzoil HM 05W-30 in API-SN at my Walmart today for $2.18 a quart using the Kmart sale advertisement. The normal Price at my Wally World is $4.36 a quart for the Pennzoil HM. Half Price for HM SN oil is nice.

I did notice that there is no GF-5 rating on any of the HM oils. I guess they must still have ZDDP, loads of Moly and Zinc in them to not get the rating.

Just looked at all the oils at my local Pep Boys.

The only API SN-rated motor oil was the new PYB advertised/labeled as "self-cleaning".

Other than that, no synthetic SN, PP and PU bottles were all API SM-rated.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i was looking for ultra in the sn but could not find any i did find some sm ultra with dust on them

Ultra was formulated to meet GF-5 when it was introduced, and Platinum was reformulated to meet GF-5 around the same time. I seriously doubt there will be any change to Ultra when it finally gets the SN/GF-5 donut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back