API SN Rse

Status
Not open for further replies.
API SN Rse

Does anyone know what this spec is ?

I found it on the Mobil Super Synthetic web page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobil Super Synthetic 5W-30 has the following builder approval:
GM dexos1

Mobil Super Synthetic 5W-30 engine oil meets or exceeds the requirements of:
API SN, SM, SL, SJ
API SN Rse
ILSAC GF-5
Ford WSS-M2C946-A

I've heard it stands for "racing sport ester". Evidently it corresponds to API SL/CF; ACEA A3, B3, B4. I don't think you need to look for this spec for passenger car service.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
I've heard it stands for "racing sport ester". Evidently it corresponds to API SL/CF; ACEA A3, B3, B4. I don't think you need to look for this spec for passenger car service.

What logic did you use to come to that conclusion?

Is it to do with Google and Ravenol?

No logic at all. I'm here at a test track and the answer came from one of the engine builders. His name is not Google and he said he does not know anyone named Ravenol. We asked around and no one else knows this person, either. He did say that if you want an ester based oil there are several choices and he uses Red Line.

So you and the people around you all think API SN Rse means Mobil 1 5w30 is claiming to have a racing sport ester in it?

You're right, no logic at all.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
So you and the people around you all think API SN Rse means Mobil 1 5w30 is claiming to have a racing sport ester in it?

You're right, no logic at all.
Do they think "R" on the shifter means "RACE" too? And "P" means "pass"?

Last edited:
I agree with aa1986. The other oils (5W20 and 10W30) spell out resource conserving at the same place in the PDS.

Why not RSC instead of Rse?

Truly logical that there English language!

28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back