Anyone using the QS Advanced Durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just put QS Advanced Durability 5W-30 (green bottle) in an '06 Chevy Impala, 3.5L V6, last weekend. I usually use Mobil Clean 5000 conventional, but Walmart was out and had the QS-AD for $10.50 for the 5qt jug. It was a GM6094M oil, so I went for it.

I only have about 340 miles on the QS. First impression is that the Chevy is not idling as quietly as it did with the Mobil. Aside from that, fuel economy is the same and engine power seems the same...no discernable difference aside from the idle. I always use an OEM ACDelco filter.

It will be interesting to see how it holds up. I don't intend to keep it in for more than 3500 miles based on what I have been reading here at the BITOG forums. I went with a 4,500 mile OCI on the Mobil Clean 5000, and the car only needed .25 qts of make-up oil during that timeframe. If I get similar behavior from the QS-AD I will be pleased.

Without getting a UOA on the Mobile Clean 5000 versus the QS-AD, it is impossible to truly know the differences. However, based on comments here I just don't have the same level of confidence in the QS as I do the Mobil.

I am Running the Green bottle in my jeep until the oil change light lights up in my jeep wrangler. Seriously, this little engine is getting pushed but I can't tell any difference between oils in my caravan/wrangler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back