anyone uses techron fuel system cleaner?

this product seems to be recommended by many outlets & dealers over here.

I was wondering if any member has had any experience with it on a fuel injected (indirect) petrol engine for daily use?

Its PEA based and that is suppose to be the best type of fuel injection cleaner. There are a few others that are also PEA based. I use it once per oil change in Subaru.

Except for Dry Gas, gas additives are pretty much a waste of money. The gasoline itself has cleaners in its additive package and putting something more in the tank may make you feel good psychologically, but will just add to the cost of a fill up. If the engine has a serious enough issue with the fuel system, a cleaner inserted directly to the fuel rail or removing and cleaning the injectors off the car are the only really effective methods. Now I'm sure there are folks here that swear by Product X, saying they add a bottle at every fill up and never experience any fuel related problems. OK fine. I would say the same by not using using anything at all.

I use it every OCI in my port injection vehicle. Suppose to clean from fuel tank all the way to fuel injector and get rid of little bit carbon on piston. Mine has concentration plus logo so more PEA concentration in one bottle.
Project farm did a video about this.

I use it every OCI in my port injection vehicle. Suppose to clean from fuel tank all the way to fuel injector and get rid of little bit carbon on piston. Mine has concentration plus logo so more PEA concentration in one bottle.
Project farm did a video about this.

From what I see in the video, no benefit from any additive. Will have to add a comment there.

Someone crrect me if I'm wrong. My understanding is that the use of Iso dry gas and fuel injector cleaners are no longer effective when using tier 1 gas. I'm the northeast and the winter blend gas of a tier 1 station address this, no? And tier 1 gas already contains detergents to keep your fuel system clean, no?

Someone crrect me if I'm wrong. My understanding is that the use of Iso dry gas and fuel injector cleaners are no longer effective when using tier 1 gas. I'm the northeast and the winter blend gas of a tier 1 station address this, no? And tier 1 gas already contains detergents to keep your fuel system clean, no?
Not that it is ineffective but probably not needed with long term use of top tier fuel.

I use Techron annually for two reasons.
1) I read the PEA works best at removing deposits from injector nozzles after shutdown.
2) I read that Techron cleans in-tank fuel gauge hardware.

I believe the frequent "700 mile weekends" I drive are good for every system in my car so I don't seek Top Tier fuel.

I'll use a 20-gallon bottle's worth every year just for fun. I don't believe my 4Runner has fuel issues based on years of data, but why not? It's $12 once a year.

Yes, started running it in the late 80's when it was first available through VW dealers to address some issues their vehicles were having.

I run a bottle through each car I store when I take them out in the Spring. I just ran a bottle through both of the boats as both were having drivability issues earlier this season; both were fueled from the same source just before layup.

I prefer it as it is a good cleaner, but probably less aggressive than others therefore I am more comfortable using it in older fuel systems.

Hyundai's warranty requires using Tier-1 gas or their fuel system cleaner, which is Techron.

I am a die hard Chevron fuel user, so because I only use Chevron fuels . But will admit that I am human and will toss in a bottles of Chevron fuel additive a couple times a year for that peace of mind... ;)

I just hate that it makes reading spark plugs a little more challenging. :unsure:

From what I see in the video, no benefit from any additive. Will have to add a comment there.
That directly contradicts the opinion of Project Farm, who did the test, stating at least twice, that using any of these products is better than nothing because each demonstrated some cleaning properties on various parts of the engine.

I use various products, in my gas and in the engine block. I've used MMO, Seafoam, Techron, and some others. They are inexpensive and obviously do some cleaning to areas I cannot readily get to in order to clean them. It's like 5 bucks every once in awhile.

I am a die hard Chevron fuel user, so because I only use Chevron fuels . But will admit that I am human and will toss in a bottles of Chevron fuel additive a couple times a year for that peace of mind... ;)

I just hate that it makes reading spark plugs a little more challenging. :unsure:
What happens to the spark plug when dump techron? Curious to know more.

What happens to the spark plug when dump techron? Curious to know more.
The color changes so I need to dig out my spark plug lighted magnifying glass and read waaaaaay down inside the housing to see how the insulator is doing. As for the center and ground electrode they will still read pretty much how the engine is igniting the fuel. Even when I do a power and pull reading I can still always see the remains of the fuel additives. It takes about 3-5 of fill ups for it to go back to normal. I never let my tank go below 1/2 mark unless I have an event, like cone chasing for SCCA. What this all means is the additive at 1/2 tank remains working for at least what would be about 2 tanks fulls of fuel for the average "joe"! In other words it is doing something positive to support a good fuel system.

It takes about 3-5 of fill ups for it to go back to normal. I never let my tank go below 1/2 mark unless I have an event, like cone chasing for SCCA. What this all means is the additive at 1/2 tank remains working for at least what would be about 2 tanks fulls of fuel for the average "joe"!
Explain, please. Fuel additives don’t continue working after they’re used up. They’re pretty much a one and done type product. If the fuel additive contains an UCL, it’s possible for the UCL characteristics to remain for a short period of time once the additive has been depleted. That is however, up for debate.

It sounds like you’re assuming the spark plug deposits are a sign that the additive is continuing to work, even after the addtivized fuel has been consumed. Those deposit/ashy deposits are just a side effect of the fuel system cleaner, they don’t continue cleaning while on the spark plug. I may have completely misunderstood what you were saying, if so then I apologize.

Back