Anyone use Amsoil AME 15w-40 heavy duty diesel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2006 Triumph Speed Triple that calls for semi or full syn 10w-40 or 15w-50 oil that meets API SH and JASO MA. After reading lots of UOA's and motorcycle specific vs non-motorcycle specific oil threads I have used Shell Rotella T 15w-40 and currently use Chevron Del0 15w-40. I am considering a syn oil and want to know if anyone has used the Amsoil AME. A search showed up nothing. Thanks.
Fred

Nice bike!

I'd just use the AMSOIL MCV 20W50 JASO MA motorcycle oil and save money by going 1 year on your oil changes if you ride less than double the mileage stated in your owners manual for an oil change. This is what my Triumph dealers recommend. You might call Amsoil Technical Support: (715) 399-TECH and see if they will warranty the AME for your use.

For normal change intervals of say 3000-5000 miles, the AME is fine. I think you'll find the 10w-40/20w-50 motorcycle specific oils hold up better, but they are significantly more expensive.

Cool bike. I have a 2002 Speed four. It looks just like yours but is a four cylinder 600. Anyway, my manual says to use 15w-50 syn Mobil 1 with no alternate viscosites. I'm supprised about the 10w-40. I would use the Amsoil 10w-40 if it were mine and it says it's ok to use in the manual. I use th Mobil 1 15w-50 (car oil) in mine. I haven't heard of anyone using the Amsoil 15w-40 in their bikes.

You may look at O'Reilley Auto Parts if you have one nearby. They carry Mystik 15w50 synthetic blend which is rated SL for gas engines and CF thru CI4 plus if I remember and may be JASO rated as well but not sure. It has somewhat of a following in some motorcycle circles. But keep in mind Mystik is produced by Hugo Chavez owned CITGO if that makes any difference to you.

Quote:

You may look at O'Reilley Auto Parts if you have one nearby. They carry Mystik 15w50 synthetic blend which is rated SL for gas engines and CF thru CI4 plus if I remember and may be JASO rated as well but not sure. It has somewhat of a following in some motorcycle circles. But keep in mind Mystik is produced by Hugo Chavez owned CITGO if that makes any difference to you.

Hugo or the Arabs what is the difference !

Quote:

Quote:

Hugo or the Arabs what is the difference !

Don't even go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back