Anyone Upgrade to Windows 11 Yet?

There are newer releases of Windows 10 since 2004, with 21H1 being the latest and only came out recently. Why haven't you upgraded to it?
I think you mean 21H2. I was able to D/L that version on 18 November. Not sure when the release was, that's just the date on my ISO image.

I'm about 2 weeks into the 11 install on desktop and laptop. So far I have only run into 1 issue. Forum video links continually give me an error message. I attempted to find something in the Chrome settings on the search bar but cannot find anything to fix this. Can someone in the know guide me here?

I'm about 2 weeks into the 11 install on desktop and laptop. So far I have only run into 1 issue. Forum video links continually give me an error message. I attempted to find something in the Chrome settings on the search bar but cannot find anything to fix this. Can someone in the know guide me here?
Let's start with the error message.

Let's start with the error message.

Consistent on both laptop and desktop. Videos work a ok once removed from the forum originally posted in. Only change to my computers has been the move to 11.

Attachments

• 20211126_182940.jpg
    20211126_182940.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10
i would be using W7 if my newest lappy had not W10,BUT only do simple stuff + except that seems to have a mind of its own, open or closing stuff when just passing by + can not be FIXED!! no W11 for me

There are newer releases of Windows 10 since 2004, with 21H1 being the latest and only came out recently. Why haven't you upgraded to it?
It hasn't been available at all under on the updates function on my new machine. Only a Windows 11 conversion. I haven't explored as to whether I could get it via other means. I believe my wife's older laptop has had that newer version.

There are hacks to get Win 11 to run on older machines. You might want to do a search and see if they'll work for you or not.
Thanks, yes, I have read that there are. That's not important to her on her laptop as long as there are newer versions of 10 that will still be supported for some time. Eventually that may be necessary.

It hasn't been available at all under on the updates function on my new machine. Only a Windows 11 conversion. I haven't explored as to whether I could get it via other means. I believe my wife's older laptop has had that newer version.

Click on Update Now under 'Windows 10 November 2021 Update', download and run the Update Assistant (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) file.

Last edited:
Looks like Windows 10 Home and Pro will be retired in Oct 2025. So seems as long as you keep your Windows 10 up to date it should be supported until then.

I've not had any serious problems with Win11 like system freeze-ups or bluescreens or anything of that nature. The only issues I've had are:

1) Some Windows updates look like they stop installing if you navigate away from the update screen or let the screen turn off, but they actually complete.
2) The sound/speaker icon in the system tray will sometimes say the audio's been muted when it hasn't.
3) The notification area keeps suggesting I adjust my Focus Assist settings when I already have it turned off.

Dumb stuff like that. I may actually go back to 10 for the time being until the first major update and see if things like the crap new Start menu, the crap new right-click menus, and issues like above have been addressed.

Hate 10 from workplace experience. Running 7 with norton antivirus ... still.

The lack of updates keeps everything functioning smoothly.

Am I missing some compatibility or functionality?

I don't do much on it other than some xL sheets, some word and of course web browsing.

Hate 10 from workplace experience. Running 7 with norton antivirus ... still.

The lack of updates keeps everything functioning smoothly.

Am I missing some compatibility or functionality?

I don't do much on it other than some xL sheets, some word and of course web browsing.
I was (and still am) a Windows 7 fan, and still use Win7 on my old desktop. I've been using Windows 10 on my new laptop for about 8 months and also like Windows 10 now. Of course it took a while to get familiar with it, but once those pains were over it's been easy to use and it's been very stable too.

There's more to computer security than just a virus scanner.

The bad stuff happens in the background and you'll have no idea it's even happening which is why having constant security updates to the operating system is very important.

Back