Anyone tracking Pilot Super Sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I won a certificate good for a set of Michelin tires- any model, any size up to 22".
Problem is, what I really need is an EHP summer/track tire such as the RE-11 or Star Spec. I'm guessing the PSS is my best bet as the Sport Cup is soft and not very well suited for wet conditions(all this assumes that I can't sell the certificate for enough money to buy more suitable rubber).

They'll probably wear out fast for track use but free is free. A lot of guys like them for the street, though they look kinda iffy in the rain.

I would definitely look at selling the coupon or buying the most expensive tires and selling those tires.

I'm thinking there is maybe $2000 value there, maybe more as I'm not familiar with tire sizes above 18".

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
The M5 guys LOVE them FWIW. Better than the PS2's. They are my next tire.

My next tire too. PS2 is long in the tooth.

find some guy with bling bling 22's on his expedition sell him the coupon for 2200$

then go buy the tires you want in your size for half that.

Got these babies installed on my turbo fwd vehicle and the traction is amazing compared to my last set (Invos). Probably will replace them with the same once they are done, with that being said I wouldn't track them. Get some money out of the cert if you plan on tracking a lot.

I have them on my S60R and so far so good. I would track them on a light day maybe, but ideally would have a separate set of wheels with Pilot Sport Cups for hard track use. Luckily now I have another car to drive when I want to do track days.

Honestly you cant go wrong with a Michelin performance tire, about the only downside will be the faster wear rate and the price of entry.

Originally Posted By: DinoLover
I would definitely look at selling the coupon or buying the most expensive tires and selling those tires.

I'm thinking there is maybe $2000 value there, maybe more as I'm not familiar with tire sizes above 18".

This!^^^

Or, if you do not want to be bothered, I would not be able to resist the Sport Cups (despite any of their drawbacks) if they were available in my size (even though they would probably KILL my front wheel bearings with their grip)!!
grin2.gif
20.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
The M5 guys LOVE them FWIW. Better than the PS2's. They are my next tire.

Same here on my 135

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back