Anyone know who makes 'Deutsch' auto parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once bought a Deutsch fuel filter, it was made in Israel. Filter Guy said on another thread that there's only two companies who make fuel filters and one of the factories is in Israel. It wasn't half the price compared to a Purolator (which is made in the USA), and in fact the only reason I didn't go get a Purolator is because the store that has them is on the other end of town..

I think Deutsch is just a house brand of Autozone.

I picked up a Deutsch PCV valve for our Neon a few weeks ago rather than going to Mopar because I just couldn't see how the Mopar was worth just under $12(!!). When I opened the package and compared it to the ~20,000-mile-old Mopar one I had put on last year, I simply blew a little cleaner through the Mopar one and put it back. I'm not saying the Deutsch was complete crap, but it didn't have a good centering mechanism like the OEM unit and it seemed much more prone to sticking open when I fiddled with it. HTH.

I think I may have found an answer...friend of mine who has owned a *lot* of old cars and used a *lot* of different car parts declared "**** Deutsch...everything they make is ****"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back