Anyone Know If Purolator Is Improving The Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if purolator is doing anything to improve the quality of their oil filters? And if so what are they doing and when will they be fixed?

Problems? No they just had a really active marketing campaign to see the public response to a new high flow filter design. LOL.

Funny thing is they don't like you talking about the tears on their Facebook page
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
It's time to put Purolator to bed .... night night.

Purolator put themselves to bed ... without any dinner.
frown.gif

Maybe the guys who still buy new ones will someday cut those open to see what's going on. Since Purolator won't come out and say anything, it will take a lot of time to build the confidence back up for many.

Purolator is well aware of the problem. They are being careful not to admit to the problem when inquired upon. They don't want a law-firm to file class action civil charges against them. You know, one of those deals when the affected person gets like a $1 and the law-firm walks away with tens of million$.

A company has to come to the realization that there's some sort of an issue occurring, before any process of improving the product will take place.

Unless there is a drop in sales and profits they will not spend money to improve something that they wont admit is flawed
I have moved on from Pur as my cheap filter choice
There are way too many others out there that do work right
I suggest everyone else to move on also
For those that still buy them please cut and post pics and we will see for ourselves if things are the same

I just sent a Purolator classic back to head office for evaluation. If I am reading the date code correctly it was made in Feb of 13. Several holes developed in the media during use. We'll see what they say.

I haven't seen anything that restores my confidence yet. It will take time, assuming they are actually trying to address the uneven pleating issue.

The only signal Purolator will provide will be an announcement in the marketplace of a new and improved Purolator Classic.

This will signal to the folks that know about the "problem" that it has been addressed.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
The only signal Purolator will provide will be an announcement in the marketplace of a new and improved Purolator Classic.

This will signal to the folks that know about the "problem" that it has been addressed.

A Classic with "real sugar" perhaps (ie, the "original formula") ... LOL. They will have to announce a new and improved PureOne also.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Here's my new choice at $1.99 each. To me, it is a reincarnation of the original SuperTech filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb..._cu#Post3543143

So if this filter develops problems and they want it sent in for an evaluation, do you suppose they will have you send it to China?

The store is 5 miles away, and their home office is 45 miles away. It'll be their problem to deal with, as the filter has their name on it.

However, I'm not worried about it. I cut open all of my Puro Classics, Pure Ones, and Quaker State filters (Puro Classic clone) and never saw an issue with any of them.

Only filter I had issues with was one of those orange painted bombs.

I stand clear of them lately also and im also wondering about motorcraft and mopar but i dont think these companies will be associated with them if there is not a fix coming. They sell or used to sell a lot of classics because they were good at one time and they were priced decent for retail buyers. Now most people in the know run away from them. A lot of people won't use them because they don't trust the company either.

The positive side of BITOG'ers continuing to use them, and assuming they cut them all open and post them here, is we will be able to see with our own eyes if they get better. I suspect that is the only "evidence" worth a lick. Puro won't admit anything.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: Dallas69

I have moved on from Pur as my cheap filter choice
There are way too many others out there that do work right

Here's my new choice at $1.99 each. To me, it is a reincarnation of the original SuperTech filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb..._cu#Post3543143

I would never put a Chinese filter on my vehicle. Even if it was free. I rely on my truck too much, and for something as inexpensive as an oil filter there's no reason to use something cheap. Yes I know that some aftermarket and oem parts are made in prc but I will avoid it if I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back