Anyone here work in the Bakken oil fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father has a friend that was working there for maybe a year and didnt like it and now works for company my father works at. Anyone here work in the Bakken oil field? Do you like it or no?

Hot in summer. Cold in winter. Concentrate on making money. Probably works best if you're from there. While not booming, it's steady with 58 drilling rigs running. Oil production has climbed to 1.4 million bbls per day. You can finally get a hotel room in Williston.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Hot in summer. Cold in winter. Concentrate on making money. Probably works best if you're from there. While not booming, it's steady with 58 drilling rigs running. Oil production has climbed to 1.4 million bbls per day. You can finally get a hotel room in Williston.
smile.gif

Yeah, a lot of good in terms of production. Think I read a sad stat though that like a oil worker died every 6 weeks. I guess that's what happens when drilling companies get way too greedy. Where is this crude going also? China or someone else

Where is this crude going also? China or someone else

It's going though pipelines to Patoka Illinois, then though Energy Transfer to the gulf. There are other routes.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Where is this crude going also? China or someone else

It's going though pipelines to Patoka Illinois, then though Energy Transfer to the gulf. There are other routes.

It's pretty simple to google.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

Basically, Mexico, Canada, Japan, Brazil, South Korea are the top five. China isn't on the list. It was on the list last year in 2018. Current issues with China may have something to do with it. Regardless, I don't even see the supposed connection to greed and China.

Get a job there and let us know how it works for you. Many are making a great financial living there for several years of hard work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tig1
Get a job there and let us know how it works for you. Many are making a great financial living there for several years of hard work.

I'll stick with being a lowly mechanic. Living in a "man camp" is NOT for me

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
You can finally get a hotel room in Williston.
smile.gif

A friend of our daughter moved to Williston a year or so ago. Kinda out of the blue too.... I suspected one of her parents went there for work in the oil fields. The pay is supposed to be real good but no doubt hard work too - the type of work where they can't get enough people for the oil fields let alone the supporting businesses, down to fast food restaurants. Heard the same thing with the oil sands in Canada. I used to work for a very large chemical pump manufacturer and we shipped A LOT of pumps there !

Worked in Permian, north east and south texas. Never bakken. South texas is my favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back