Anyone here use Napa website?

The NAPA site has gotten better than it used to be a year or so ago, it was very clunky then. Now, not too bad IMO.

The O'Reilly site used to be really hard to use, but has also gotten better.
One thing that annoys me about many of the sites is they make it hard to search without a vehicle selected. I kind of understand because of all the stupid people out there, but sometimes it filters out things (like specific oil weights) when a vehicle is selected.

I do like Rock Auto's site for finding part numbers though, that one is one of the best when looking for vehicle specific parts IMO.

Originally Posted by Merek
I can't remember if I had purchased 4 or 6 qts of it but the store said it was buy 1 get one 1/2 off, the online price didn't state that and I think the oil was $6.99 qt. The store I bought it from said he couldn't give me the online price but came down to $9 something per quart, when I got home I looked online to see if they matched pricing and I found their price match guarantee so I went back to my local Advance with the oil and receipt and then he didn't want to honor the online price either so I said ok I'll just return this oil and then go buy it online and get that price, the salesman then matches the online price. I had the price match guarantee on my phone and read it out to them word for word and they still fussed about it and said they couldn't match it but in the end they did.

I honestly don't get it.

I have ordered online from in the store because they would not price match their own site (Advance and AutoZone).
Advance is really bad because using discount codes in store does not work.
There have been times that I buy in store and pay full price, then when I get home and am done, order the same thing online at the cheaper price, next time I am around the store go pick it up, and then pull out the other (more expensive) receipt and return it using that one.
One clerk refused till I called the supervisor over, the supervisor just said process it, he understood and had no problem with it.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Slow , expensive , out of stock , etc . I know you guys hate RockAuto but their website runs pretty well.

I can't think of a web site easier than RockAuto
It's about as straight forward as it gets

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by Kjmack
Slow , expensive , out of stock , etc . I know you guys hate RockAuto but their website runs pretty well.

I can't think of a web site easier than RockAuto
It's about as straight forward as it gets

Regarding the NAPA website being slow. It is rarely slow: we keep careful metrics on performance, and if there is a problem the alarm bells go off. I would suspect your internet connection or your provider as being more likely responsible for a performance issue. As for pricing, available stock: that is not a technical issue, but rather a business issue. Other than some stylistic changes , its the same software as a year or two ago, but if you go back 3-4 years it did have a major upgrade. My opinion on the Rock Auto website is that it is easy to use, and they seem to keep it pretty accurate and its fast, but it sure looks ugly and does not have many features. They were one of the earlier auto parts houses to adopt a decent web presence - in fact that might be their claim to fame as I have never heard of a Rock Auto store . But since they were an early adopter they could be stuck with a massive investment and no money to modernize.

I don’t use Napa’s website through a browser much anymore, as I have their app on my phone. It is not unpleasant to use. Perhaps they have thrown more dev resources at making the phone app work well versus letting them fix the standard browser bugs?

Back