Anyone here have a 2013 Accord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Leonardo629
I'm gonna fit my new Accord with a fumoto valve. I had it on the TSX, makes oil change a bit easier.

I like the Fumoto a lot. You can take samples easier.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Originally Posted By: vortex9
I used to suffer like that. Now I use a zip lock bag placed around the filter while unscrewing it. No more drip. I'm glad to see the new filter location is a lot easier to access.

Dang, that makes so much sense, why didn't I think of it sometime during the past zillion years I've been doing my vehcicles. I like that idea a LOT! Thank you sir.

+2

Great idea.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: tc1446
Originally Posted By: vortex9
I used to suffer like that. Now I use a zip lock bag placed around the filter while unscrewing it. No more drip. I'm glad to see the new filter location is a lot easier to access.

Dang, that makes so much sense, why didn't I think of it sometime during the past zillion years I've been doing my vehcicles. I like that idea a LOT! Thank you sir.

+2

Great idea.

Yup. Been using zip lock bags for years and hardly any drips in all that time. Learned about it in one of the Honda forums.

I had a short block replaced on my 2010 Pilot due to excessive oil consumption and cylinder 2 misfiring. The VCM Honda technology has not been perfected and we're all paying to test it for Honda. I 've been following Honda for over 40 years. It would appear that after Soichiro died Honda company is leveraging the loyal customer base to test their products at customer's expense more than ever. That is unethical and immoral.

All auto manufacturers do this to varying degrees.

We are all developing the new products as their service history is all reported to the mother ship by VIN.

While I agree that it stinks I cannot agree that it is unusual.

Originally Posted By: Highkm
I had a short block replaced on my 2010 Pilot due to excessive oil consumption and cylinder 2 misfiring. The VCM Honda technology has not been perfected and we're all paying to test it for Honda. I 've been following Honda for over 40 years. It would appear that after Soichiro died Honda company is leveraging the loyal customer base to test their products at customer's expense more than ever. That is unethical and immoral.

Common in the industry, and there's a lot of vehicles driving around with technology that hasn't been perfected or new designs that haven't been perfected. As a result I will never buy the first year of any new engine or transmission design. I realize I can still get burnt, but the odds of getting burnt are greatly reduced IMO.

We seemed to have jumped the thread here, but as long as we have, permit me to say I don't think it's possible to reach any meaningful conclusions WRT the virtues or vices of Honda's VCM V-6 motor based in large part on the experiences of two unhappy owners, one of whom, if I remember correctly, was hardly a paragon of sympathetic owner maintenance.

Originally Posted By: Highkm
I 've been following Honda for over 40 years. It would appear that after Soichiro died Honda company is leveraging the loyal customer base to test their products at customer's expense more than ever. That is unethical and immoral.

Agreed!

I think Soichiro would be rolling in his grave if he knew what was going on at the company today.

What surprises me is that the Honda family hasn't seemed to take a bigger interest in pushing for a return to the founders principles. It is a publicly traded company, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back