Anyone for ow-50??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out here in the US, I think Eneos sells a 0w-50 oil, but I doubt there are many takers. Heck, any Xw-50 oil has a hard time selling over here... welcome to Xw-20. :)

Belray makes a 5w60 oil for motorcycles that some superbike teams use but I've never tried it myself.

Cool company!

LOL, try their Oil Recommendations chart.
They suggest HPR 15w-60 for my Honda.
I think even FrankN4 (runs M1 15w-50 in everything) might hesitate before making the leap.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Neat. It says I should be using their HPR5 5W-40 in my Integra.
"Semi-synthetic for the latest generation of high performance engines, particularly those with variable valve timing. Use where SAE 5W-30 or 10W-30 oils and ILSAC GF-3/GF-4 fuel economy oils are called for."

Pretty neat looking stuff. They recommend 5W50 for my 2.2 Cobalt which might be a nice fit for it as long as the fuel economy didn't take a hit.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
"Semi-synthetic for the latest generation of high performance engines, particularly those with variable valve timing. Use where SAE 5W-30 or 10W-30 oils and ILSAC GF-3/GF-4 fuel economy oils are called for."

Yeah, I guess you never know how they formulate their oils. I'm still not sold that a thicker oil will always hurt fuel economy....In some cases, definetly, but I think some engines work more efficiently with a thicker oil.

i went back and had a closer,longer look at most of there oils and i have to say,i'm not impressed.

many of there KV at 40 and 100C are actually ridiculous and shows an old-fashion way of thinking about oil regardless of the australian heat,which could be compensated for differently than using conventional or grp 3 that's really thick.

there SIN is the most impressive but after a closer look,not so much...some seem to be better formulated than others.

they do seem to have a really good grasp on there additive package though.

...but best of all are the bottles.man,do they ever look nice...makes you want to buy just for that....and there website is awesome.

reward companies with your $ for there products,not there advertising prowess.

Originally Posted By: ryan2022
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Yeah, I guess you never know how they formulate their oils. I'm still not sold that a thicker oil will always hurt fuel economy....In some cases, definetly, but I think some engines work more efficiently with a thicker oil.

I'm going to try M1 0W-40 this summer and see if my MPG takes a hit compared to what I got last summer using 30 grades. My car runs great on thinner 30-grades like Havoline and Edge, so I hope it doesn't create more noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back