Anyone Else Seen the New GC Bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I have most of my quarts in those bottles. I asked this question awhile ago and the response I got was - Due to Katrina Castrol had to use different shipping bottles. I guess this was dubbed the Katrina Castrol...

Someone correct me if I am mistaken.
grin.gif

Whoa! If this stuff is made in Germany, why would Katrina have anything to do with it? Or is it shipped over here in bulk and bottled in LA.?

Thanks vad - you are the new hero of the day! I've been searching for that picture for awhile now...
tongue.gif

Pick - right, shipped in bulk from Germany but bottled here. No worries - us GC lovers would be up in arms if they filled those bottles with Made in Elsewhere other than Germany!
grin.gif

I'm still waiting to hear from that first recipient of a 2006 batch...pant...pant...pant...

PS I do have 18 of the Katrina bottles.

With all the new formulations coming from castrol europe isn't gc as you know it going to dissappear soon? That new 0w40, will it replace gc?

quote:

pscholte, have you tried the gold in your Audi yet?

glxpassat,

As you can imagine from all my posts, I am awash in The Green
grin.gif
, so The Gold is quite a way down the road (no pun intended). I am confidant that the Audi or its intended Audi successor will love The Gold.

GC 0w30 has to be Castrol's strong selling oil in my opinion. All 8 (yes, eight) Autozones in my area are ALWAYS empty on GC 0w30 because they say "people like me" come and buy their entire supply in a few days.

If GC Gold becomes a watered down Group III oil - Castrol is going to lose a lot of business... So I don't see why they would do that.

Is there a GC 0w40?

code:

With all the new formulations coming from castrol europe isn't gc as you know it going to dissappear soon? That new 0w40, will it replace gc?

speedtc,

As long as they keep improving the formula and producing it in Germany, I'm
fruit.gif
Regarding your question, I think it depends on which OEMs the oil is targeted for (there does seem to be a diliberate attempt to target it). If it is still MB and VW/Audi with long OCIs, then I think the 0W-40 as it is now formulated won't fit that bill.

quote:

glxpassat,

As you can imagine from all my posts, I am awash in The Green [Big Grin] , so The Gold is quite a way down the road (no pun intended). I am confidant that the Audi or its intended Audi successor will love The Gold.

pscholte, I know you are stocked up on the green, so I was confused when you said you had 18 Katrina bottles which I'm sure is the gold. Are you stocking up on the gold as well?

I take it that's a "**** yes!"
dunno.gif
I think you should go ahead and try an oci of gold and let us know which you like better. You're the man that could definitly say whether the gold performs as well as the green! Maybe I should start a petition...

I have GC Gold in my car... Plan on doing a full 10k OCI with a filter change at 5k.

I bought GC Green from a member here. Plan on doing a full 10k OCI with a filter change at 5k.

I will be getting an UOA at the end of 10k with Gold and at the end of 10K with Green. Will post them here so you guys can compare.

quote:

For fun today I went to a Kragens, Pep Boys and Autozone...no 0w30 to be found.

AutoZone stores only...
The bigger ones.
The most of the small "converted" AutoZones don't carry it.
BTW, there were 6 qts of green along Gold GC, at the Mira Mesa Blvd AutoZone.
It's been a while though since I've visited that store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back