Anyone Else Seen the New GC Bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to go check out the Mira Mesa one actually. A lot of the other Autozone's seem to be in some ghetto areas haha. **Just called them and they have some!

Someone posted the other day that they got O'Reilly's to order it for them. If you don't have an AZ near by, any autoparts store that carries Castrol can probably get it for you, and may even give you a good deal on a bulk order.

I found some with the "European Formula" banner on the front,mo2, is this the green?

Meat,

quote:

You want to check the batch code on the bottom of the bottle. Known good batch numbers for GC green are from M02xxxxxxx, M03xxxxxx, M04xxxxx, and M0501xxxxx. Early M02 are US made and have 0w30 labels that are black letters on a yellow background. Avoid those. On the good ones, 0w30 label should be red background with black letters. They should have "Made in Germany" on the back label. Batch numbers M0502xxxxx and later are Gold color and the jury is still out as to whether it is as good as the green. There are some post in this topic that has more specific batch numbers. Here's a link to what the bottle and oil looks like.

Happy Hunting....
http://home.comcast.net/~dsmphotos/gcdial/gcdial.html

from: http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000616#000007

Thank you sir,
Haven't had the green oil running in anything since I sold my Mazda6. However, I just did a change in my new corvette and I'm now back on the hunt. The mo2 I found must have been the US stuff then
frown.gif
all I remember is the "European Formula" label on the front. Just never remembered seeing it on any of my previous bottles of green. I just can't remember if it had the "Made in Germany" on the back. Guess I'll have to travel back and look again. Guy at autozone thought I was nut's...lol

"A lot of the other Autozone's seem to be in some ghetto areas haha"

actually those are the best ones for finding GC IMHO........none of their usual customers buy it
smile.gif

I'm kinda bummed. I was taking a trip this weekend and was planning on hitting all the AZs along my route of travel for GC. But, I broke my ankle at work yesterday and I won't be taking any trips anytime soon. Really makes the ankle feel worse when I think of the potential loss of all that GC. My trip was through rural east Texas. I'm hoping that it'll still be sitting collecting dust waiting on me to recover.

quote:

actually those are the best ones for finding GC IMHO........none of their usual customers buy it

ditto. That's my experience as well. I'd say that at least 80% of my 136 qt GC green stash came from ghetto AZ stores.

ccd..

yeah got to have both ankles in good working order to climb up on the oil racks to rake down those last qts of GC Green. Hope you're back in stashing shape soon.

a_g

quote:

ditto. That's my experience as well. I'd say that at least 80% of my 136 qt GC green stash came from ghetto AZ stores.

ditto again... hehe.. when i scoured my local AZs.. the largest stash (18 quarts as I recall), was at the most "ghetto" location- they were all M03s... the clerk said they hadn't sold any of that stuff in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back