Anyone else enjoy older vehicles?

I enjoy my old vehicles but they are not stock. I usually update them a bit.

My '98 Wrangler for example has a better suspension, larger tires, larger brakes, and beefier steering components than it left the factory with. I also have LED lighting all around, a bluetooth capable stereo with better speakers, heated seats, and some other upgrades. The soft top is has now is also way better than the factory one. A 4.6L stroker engine is next on the list as I accumulate parts.

My BMW has bluetooth, better headlights, brakes, and a few coding updates.

Doing this stuff really isn't too expensive if you shop around for parts and can do the work yourself. My Jeep drives way better than it did probably even when it was new, and makes driving it more enjoyable. I like that they have character unlike all the cookie cutter CUVs that all look and feel the same.

1985 Ford Mustang GT - sold years ago.

1987 Mustang GT - I modified for drag racing / car shows, sitting in the garage collecting dust 😉

My 21 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee is still running strong and is a rust free CA car. I drive it often. Just not running it back and forth to work every day anymore.

Attachments

• 20170207_063015.jpg
    20170207_063015.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 12
I have a few older cars that I really do enjoy for their simplicity. I was just driving my 66 Cadillac Deville yesterday and it was nice to be fully in control without electronic nannies and only a radio as a distraction.

Back