Anyone does 7K-8K OCIs on conventional?

Well, since the "Fully Synthetic" is NOT fully synthetic and the Conventional is NOT conventional in most ALL Top brand premium oils; and they both meet the same spec, same HTHS, and they are both OLM capable oils. What are you really buying into ?
Yes I know, I’m aware of the “not a full synthetic” discussion here in North America and the jargon via the Castrol and Mobil “beef” a while ago.

Conventional, most are synthetic blends, nothing wrong, but I don’t want a blend. Give me a “synthetic blend/conventional” that gives me a min HTHS of 3.5, then I’ll use it. Haven’t come across one. Hence why I stick to M1 5w30 ESP on sale for $29.99 CAD.

On sale it’s the same price as conventional not on sale, but even then when on sale there’s a $10 difference no big deal. I get what you’re saying though but I don’t see a conventional with OCI up to 10k or 20k miles backed statement unlike the “full synthetics” on the shelf. Hence why I’m happy with my off the shelf “full synthetics”. If I do feel like baller, I’ll go grab some Redline or Motul 300v.

Reactions: JC1
You replied to jqgz's post where he was warning his employers about the KIA engine failures with the question "Have their engines grenaded yet ?" I replied with links to their engines grenading, which directly answered your question.

I'd bet nobody here has read more on the Theta II fiasco than I have. Yes, I understand your point regarding the supposed "origin" of the issue. But if you can't see the relationship between the failure and the oil type/flow/change interval, then I can't help you. There are plenty of Theta IIs out there under the recall that haven't had an issue. The most commonly accepted theory is the use of quality oils used for a short/reasonable duration. This has everything to do with the oil used in them by their owners.

"Read [this] aritcle and understand [it]," then reply back telling me "the issues have nothing to do with the oil used in them by their owners."
THANK YOU for setting the record straight

Hard to find a full conventional in multi-weight these days... I'm going back to 2008 I would run 7500 on wolfshead in my sonata. Most the conventional these days will be a syn blend.

I wouldn't run conventional that long, but thats me. Only way I would get close to that is if I was doing a lot of highway runs in warm months from April to November.

With all the short tripping I've been doing since March, OCI will go a max of 5k miles even with synthetic. Just changed out the VWB in the caravan Friday night and I could smell the fuel in the oil.

Back