Anyone confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read, however I don't have the stones to do something like that on my DD. Wonder what the long term affects are going to be

From first post on the LS1 forum thread it looks great, but all that info is based on normal mix ratios for 2-stroke engines. When we dilute to 500:1 will any of these effects be significant? I am doing it anyway, since April 08. May help, can't hurt.

Do we know for sure this oil added to the fuel will not mess up the O2 sensors or clog/mess up the Cat converter?????

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
Do we know for sure this oil added to the fuel will not mess up the O2 sensors or clog/mess up the Cat converter?????
If it did would it throw codes and turn on the check engine light? If so, mine is fine.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Originally Posted By: rg200amp
If it did would it throw codes and turn on the check engine light? If so, mine is fine.

Yes it would. Good to know. How Long have you been doing this TallPaul?

I may check it out. . . . . . . .

RG, I was wondering the same thing.

Paul, you mentioned you've been doing this since last april, right?

Would you share with us what your observations are about this procedure?

Thanks-

Well I started doing it last April and think I started a huge thread on it at that time. My observations are really no more than that I am emptying 2-cycle oil bottles. Seriously, I really don't notice a thing. I guess if a fuel pump dosn't go out in the life a vehicle it will be worth it, or if the other moving fuel system parts perform better or last longer, that's great, but I don't believe I can actually measure it as I don't have an experimental framework. What I can say is there appears to be no harm.

I'm going to try TCW-3 it instead of MMO and see if there is any difference. I started logging MPG's about a month ago, and this vehicle is used to make the same trips every week, so it should be a good test.

I believe that using an "ashless dispersion" oil like TCW-3 minimizes any ill effect when used in ratios of ~2oz per 10 gallons. I'm leary of MMO in this regard when one hopes of keeping things good for 125,000+ miles.

Maybe I am just imagining things, ~450:1 helped to quiet down/smooth out the idle noise on cold mornings on my tC...
Using super-tech TCW3.

This is a second time I am doing this treatment. Had about 2 tank "break" to clean out the system.

BTW - I never noticed, but Amsoil PI bottle has handy markings with gallons 5, 10, 15, 20... 15G mark is almost exactly 4 OZ. This makes it easy for me to make/dispense 450:1 concentration for my tC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back