Anymore UOA for xw-30 on Honda motorcycle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As manufacturer move to xw-30 for common sump on motorbike, anyone has tried and obtained UOA that can be shared ?
Thank you in advance

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
As manufacturer move to xw-30 for common sump on motorbike, anyone has tried and obtained UOA that can be shared ?
Thank you in advance

I have run GC 0W30 and Rotella 10W30 in my Honda ST1100.
I ran both of them for about 8,000 miles.

Here is a UOA on the GC: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=961894&page=1

And I just sent in the 10W30 oil for testing this last weekend.
I’ll be posting those test results in a week or two when I get them.

Rick

Quote:

I have run GC 0W30 and Rotella 10W30 in my Honda ST1100.
I ran both of them for about 8,000 miles.

Here is a UOA on the GC: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=961894&page=1

And I just sent in the 10W30 oil for testing this last weekend.
I’ll be posting those test results in a week or two when I get them.

Rick

Thank you Rick for sharing, personally I still prefer oil that meets JASO MA/MA2 for motorbike with common sump, do you intend to try Amsoil or Motul 300 V?

No I don’t plan on running either the Amsoil or the Motul.
The Motul is too expensive for my tastes and I don’t care much for the marketing of Amsoil. If I could buy either one at my local Walmart I might try them 

I have Super Tech 15W40 in the bike now and I’ll probably stick with one of the HDEOs from now on.
If I was worried about the JASO rating I’d probably run Rotella 15W40 but I haven’t had any problems with any of the oils that I have run so far.

Rick

I've done a couple tests with Rotella T5 10w30 in a Goldwing you can find on this forum. Of course it's not MA rated, but it works fine. If I was going to run synthetic I would just use the Honda oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back