Anybody reload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anybody reloads on this forum.I reload everything that is centerfire on my Dillon 550 and just wonder what type of lube for press/brass people are using?

I reload, I use a lee press from their Anniversery reloading kit.

I just use Hornady One Shot spray lube for my brass. Quick, easy, never had a problem with it.

A little bit of Rem Oil works great for the press.

I've got an RCBS press (second hand), and reload for my .223 and .44Mag.

The .44Mag brass gets no lube (carbide die), and the .223 gets some lee lube when I full length size (first time only, ex mil brass), and a little graphite for neck sizing.

.44 Bullets get liquid alox, as does the turn stops on my 4Runner.

I use a Lyman reloader with Lee and RCBS Carbide dies, never liked the cartridge lube in any form.

Load .380 ACP, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .357 Maximum, and .308.

My pistol dies are from Dillon and are carbide so no lube is needed.The rifle dies in 30-06, .300 Win.Mag. and .300 Ultra Mag. are from Redding and RCBS and have no carbide so a lube is mandatory.The spray stuff from Dillon seems to do the job and was just wondering what other reloaders are using in case I have to switch in a hurry.As for my press I just give each lube hole a shot of Remington oil along with running an oiled patch of the Rem oil along the Ram as it cycles.

Rock Chucker Press, Hornady Press, and One Shot Lube.

Loading for ,22-250, .308, .30-06

Will be loading for 6.5x284, 300 RUM, and 30-338 Lapua.

Frank D

I pretty much use all RCBS equipment,including their case lube. I do have a set of Redding dies for my 458 Lott, only because RCBS didnt make any at the time. Carbide dies for the handgun rounds so no lube needed there, just the rifle rounds.
I see we have a couple fans of the 300RUM..
cheers.gif
I am quite fond of the entire RUM line
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by TurboLuver:
I pretty much use all RCBS equipment,including their case lube. I do have a set of Redding dies for my 458 Lott, only because RCBS didnt make any at the time. Carbide dies for the handgun rounds so no lube needed there, just the rifle rounds.
I see we have a couple fans of the 300RUM..
cheers.gif
I am quite fond of the entire RUM line
grin.gif

Three fellows in our moose hunt party go ground-hog shooting every season.Two of them have the Remington long distance (fluted barrels,syn. stock etc.)rifles loaded with the .300 RUM.Plastic milk jugs full of water at 450-500 yds.(lasered) are being obliterated with regular fashion with these rifles.Very impressive to see a 180gr bullets (Sierra Game Kings spbt) moving at 3300 fps(chronoed)jugs that far.Reloader 25 is a great powder for this round and my .300 Win.Mag. cartridge!

Greaser, I also use my 300RUM for gorundhogs as well! I find that when I tell someone I use a 300rum on groundhogs they look at me like I have three heads or something, but I find the flat trajectory and the super long range of this round to be nearly perfect for groundhogs..

quote:

Originally posted by 416Rigby:
What do you use the .458 Lott on?

Right now mostly steel plates..
grin.gif

but I hope to be using it on coastal brown bears within the next year to 18 months...
wink.gif

oh yeah, and hopefully cape buffalo in the next few years also..

I will definately give them a try, currently I am working on some loads using Barnes solids and Barnes X bullets...

The Weldcores are great soft-points, amazing penetration with them. Woodleigh also makes some steel-jacketed solids.

I've tried all kinds of lube. The One Shot isn't bad and I'd use it if I were reloading hundereds of rounds at a time, but I usually grab the Imperial Sizing Die Wax because I only reload 10-20 rounds at a time.

Steel jacked, the only time I have seen those is on old checz (sp?) surplus rounds for my 8x57mm.
Thin soft steel over lead wasn't much better then regular copper FMJs.
For rifle die lube I used vasoline, veg oil worked good too.
My most popular powder is winchester 748, because I load .223, 30-30 and 8x57mm. It gives good power in my small to med size rounds I shoot.

quote:

Originally posted by oil pan 4:
Steel jacked, the only time I have seen those is on old checz (sp?) surplus rounds for my 8x57mm.
Thin soft steel over lead wasn't much better then regular copper FMJs.
For rifle die lube I used vasoline, veg oil worked good too.
My most popular powder is winchester 748, because I load .223, 30-30 and 8x57mm. It gives good power in my small to med size rounds I shoot.

I see you are hailing from Japan.I thought it was darn near impossible to own/acquire firearms in that country...is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back