anybody ever go to the doller store to look at oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw some G Oil at a thrift store, 5w30. Just one and the bottle had a hole at the neck. There is, however, 10 or so quarts of G Oil Bar and chain there.

A lot of very poor quality oil and much of it gets poured into beaters that get 100 miles per quart, so the driver doesn't much care, but is still overpaying for the oil.

Why go to the dollar store for oil when rebates can get you oil for a dollar?

Right now you can buy PU for $21 at Walmart and receive $25 from Pennzoil as a rebate.

You'll still have profit after tax and postage.

Originally Posted By: JohnathanDm
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Not only do I look, I bought out all the Dollar Trees in my area several years back when they carried Trop Artic Synthetic Blend for $.99/quart! That lasted me for years.

hahaha lucky

The very good old days!

my DG stocks PYB and GTX in almost every weight. GTX went on sale for 3$ a qt a while back so i snagged 5 qts when i went in there to buy some junk food. 15$ for 5 qts was just as cheap as walmart, and i had a stash of filters at home so i proceeded to do a dollar store oil change on the old pontiac montana van.

forgot to mention i came across a Hot Wheel for .99 that was from 1991 I bought it
smile.gif
the one time i saw mag 1 oil for a 1.25 at a local dollar store i should of bought it.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The auto section is worth a look in every store you venture into that has one.
You'll sometimes find some real deals on stuff you'd actually use.

I took a peak at oil section in a grocery store, PYB was $8.xx/qt. The same PYB was $6.xx/qt at hardware store.

Originally Posted By: FoxS
Why go to the dollar store for oil when rebates can get you oil for a dollar?

Right now you can buy PU for $21 at Walmart and receive $25 from Pennzoil as a rebate.

You'll still have profit after tax and postage.

How do you receive $25 from Pennzoil, when the rebate is for $10??

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
my DG stocks PYB and GTX in almost every weight. GTX went on sale for 3$ a qt a while back so i snagged 5 qts when i went in there to buy some junk food. 15$ for 5 qts was just as cheap as walmart, and i had a stash of filters at home so i proceeded to do a dollar store oil change on the old pontiac montana van.

I wait till they run it on sale, but then I use the $5 coupon they publish almost every Saturday. You can end up with PYB or Castrol for just over 2 bucks a quart!

They don't run oil on sale very often, but when they do I try to take advantage of it.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I scored some Eagle One Wax As U Dry for a dollar a pop one time. I bought all the had.

Big Lots had Eagle One Nanowax for $2.99. Don't know how old it was
21.gif
Worked okay.

I never saw unapproved oil at Big Lots. I remember getting great prices on Havoline synthetic one time, and synthetic Quaker State another time.

In Family Dollar, I find oils that don't meet any current standards, and low prices on oils that do meet current specs.

Ya have to be carefull when buying oil at any Dollar Store/All for a Dollar/Dollar General.

Sure, they sometimes carry major brand oil like QS but, the oil that you never heard of, stay away from it! It may be OK but, why risk it when most AAP/AZ/PB's are not far from any $tore and often have a sale on the good stuff w/filter.

My Dollar General has QSGB for more money than the AAP across the street. And other care care products also cost a bit more than the AZ in the same parking lot.

Be carefull!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The auto section is worth a look in every store you venture into that has one.
You'll sometimes find some real deals on stuff you'd actually use.

I took a peak at oil section in a grocery store, PYB was $8.xx/qt. The same PYB was $6.xx/qt at hardware store.

Check for closeouts at grocery stores. I found Quaker State for 1.99 a quart at a grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back