Anybody else use Partstree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke a stupid part on my Tecumseh-powered lawnmower the last time I used it, the plastic dipstick tube.
My own stupidity, but these things happen.
I googled Tecumseh engine parts and found this vendor.
The site was fast and easy to use.
I never imagined that Tecuseh had made so many different engine models, but I quickly found mine and found the part.
The tube itself was listed at only $5.27, but with S&H, the tab came to $13.22.
I ordered it Tuesday evening, and it came in today's mail.
The price wasn't too horrible and the convenience was worth it over having to find and pick through a lawnmower graveyard.
Just wanted to recommend this vendor as one to check for parts when you need them.
There aren't too many local small engine shops left, since most people treat OPEs as throw-aways these days, so online is often the only way to source parts.

Partstree has about anything you might need for OPE...but shipping is sometimes the deal breaker. If you can't find it locally they're a good plan B.

That is where I get parts for my 77 IH Cadet 80 sit down. 6 days by USPS from TX I'm happy with their prompt service.

Last edited:
I use Partstree and RepairClinic if I have an order that exceeds $40. Both are reliable, but I like RepairClinic's 365 day no question returns if one of my customer's decides to cancel. That way, I can gather a bunch of returns together and send them at once. If I only need a single part or something really small, I usually get the best price on eBay.

I have used PartsTree for a 28 year old snowblower and a five year old mower. Parts are easy to locate on their site and they are shipped and arrive promptly. At the price of gas/diesel, I don't mind paying shipping on small parts as it is about the same as the fuel I'd burn running to where I could buy them.

I can give them a big thumbs up!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I use PartsTree for the drawings, they have excellent drawings.

This. I've found parts on there for 1960's equipment that I had doubted I would find something for.

I use them for their drawings, but I've never found them to be competetive on prices once everything is factored in. I've had better luck at either Tulsa Engine Warehouse or Jacks Small Engines.

Last edited:
I order parts from partstree, ereplacementparts or repairclinic. Partstree has excellent parts breakdown pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back