Snapper commercial owners - handle question

Briggs & Stratton is shutting down Snapper and Simplicity. Yeah the guy in the video is a little goofy but puts out good info.

So does this mean in business speak "Our zero turn mowers weren't as good as the competition?" Hence discontinued

I didn't think Snapper would survive as long as it did. They were bought out by Briggs & Stratton around 2010. Tecumseh was gone years before that.

What does that have to do with push mowers?
How long do you think they can survive making residential equipment only? They're not exactly Honda that also happen to make pretty popular cars, motorcycles, atv's, generators, marine outboard engines and such. No way I would consider purchasing Snapper products today without knowing I would be able to get parts for it in the future.
Take a walk through the neighborhood and see how many people own a Snapper mower. Where I live it's mostly Craftsman or Honda for folks that still run a gas walk behind.

How long do you think they can survive making residential equipment only? They're not exactly Honda that also happen to make pretty popular cars, motorcycles, atv's, generators, marine outboard engines and such. No way I would consider purchasing Snapper products today without knowing I would be able to get parts for it in the future.
Take a walk through the neighborhood and see how many people own a Snapper mower. Where I live it's mostly Craftsman or Honda for folks that still run a gas walk behind.
Well… I started the thread asking about a handle for a snapper push mower. I have a 1988 that I can still find parts for it seems…

And the item I quoted was about riding mowers, which are more likely to still be available for the long run than the smaller push models.

Yes, MTD and Toro seem to rule the roost. Had Honda not exited the market and pulled stock I’d probably be sporting a new one now today. But I can’t so I’ve been playing with old ones. Kind of fun.

Back