Any word on Universal Lubricants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I've spent some time looking for an honest, fair shop to service a friends car, a '12 Focus-2.0 DI, while she is away at school. Found a small family owned shop which I get a good feeling about, but I have never heard of their house brand oil. Universal Lubricants Super XHD. Ht/Hs number looks really good for a 20 wt, but that may be a type-o. They are willing to use customer provided oil & filter, so I'm wondering if it's worth sticking with the Motorcraft 5w20 blend & OE filter I have been servicing it with.

Jim
https://www.universallubes.com/user/file/pds/eo_8_05_22_15.pdf

My instinct would be to stick with the known brand too. OTOH, the company is listed as a "supporter" of PQIA, although i could not find any VOA of their products on PQIA's site
Kevin

Looks like they and thier parent company, Petrochoice, make industrial lubricants. They look pretty legit. The 5w-20 meets the Ford specs. It's a 2012 Focus. Go for it.

I've never used their lubricants, but I know of a local mom-and-pop store here that sells it. I don't know the full details (might be on their web site), but when you use their diesel oil, Universal will put a really good warranty on the life of the engine. I believe the only strings to it would be you have to send in a sample occasionally. (I know, your car runs on gas, just thought I'd mention it)
I do know their diesel oil is much more popular than their gasoline oil.

Thanks for the recommendations. Didn't find anything relevant with the search function, but it sound's like a decent product.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I've never used their lubricants, but I know of a local mom-and-pop store here that sells it.

Any chance you're in Lawrence?

Originally Posted By: amcguru
I've never used their lubricants, but I know of a local mom-and-pop store here that sells it.

No, but my kid goes to school at KU.
:)
Since Universal Lubricants is based in Kansas, odds are there will be a lot of places that sell it.
I actually live a few hours northwest of Lawrence.

Originally Posted By: amcguru

No, but my kid goes to school at KU.
:)

The friend I'm looking after goes to KU as well. Rock Chalk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back