Any snake experts in the house?

Early this morning I'm walking around the neighborhood getting my exercise routine in. I come to what looks like a necklace laying in the middle of the street. I remember thinking to myself that the necklace is very pretty and looks expensive. I continue to look at the necklace laying there on the asphalt as my eyes begin to focus. Suddenly the necklace turns into what looks like a toy snake. I think to myself, some kid probably left their toy snake in the street. I stand there focussed on the toy snake for a moment when it suddenly starts to move. The slithery tongue starts to come out. Tail end starts to wiggle a bit. At that point I realized that the toy snake is alive. :oops:

I would describe the snake as being all black with white triangles all over. The triangles were not connected; they were all separate from each other. No stripes or bands, just white triangles with curved sides on a black snake. The head of the snake was about the same diameter as its body. I search on Google and no such snake exists. Lots of snakes with white stripes on a black background, but no triangles.

Last edited:
Like this????

main-qimg-47dee08a319310a2c9ab2589cc175f64-pjlq~2.jpeg

Google “speckled kingsnake”, you’ll see the variety of patterns on them. I would bet that you were looking at a kingsnake.

This is as close as I can find on the internet. The spots were triangles in no particular pattern. The spots kind of looked like the Tesla symbol. Maybe I should name him the Tesla snake.

e-kingsnake.jpg

We have a snake here in south Ms. with small white/yellow dots on black. People call them Speckled King snakes.

Back