Any RUSH Fans Here, Ay?

Friday night, relaxing with a glass of wine and listening to Time Stand Still. Does life get better than this?

Originally Posted by dishdude
Friday night, relaxing with a glass of wine and listening to Time Stand Still. Does life get better than this?

Video is an odd one, but good song.

Here is an amazing cover that will probably make you cry:

Animal vs Buddy Rich

uc50 , Thanks for that !
lol.gif

Here's another drummer . John Hyde from DETECTIVE that was on Swan Song Records . He would fill in for John Bonham .

IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4396.JPG

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Neil Peart, being the BEST drummer on planet earth, left us too soon.

He was a really good drummer, But not the best in my opinion.....

1. Vinnie Paul (Pantera)[
2. Chris Adler (Lamb of God)

Who? I'm somewhat familiar with Pantera, but I'm sure neither hold a candle to Peart, Keith Moon, or John Bonham...

That was my opinion.....You know who Pantera is, But not Lamb of God? Most classic rock guys dismiss thrash metal as just noise & never take the time to actually listen to how technically sound these guys are.

But I take the time to listen to Led Zeppelin, Rush, Kiss, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, Foghat, Black Sabbath, The Who, Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers etc

The Beatles & The Eagles make me want to claw my eardrums out, Not the biggest Metallica or AC/DC fan either.

Me dismiss Metal? Naw!!! Love the old school stuff provided it has a bit of a hook in it, Judas Priest is prime...

I'm not saying they are not good musicians, But Keith Moon is one of only two non-jazz drummers in the Drummer Hall of Fame. I guess it is a very snooty organization that favors serious, classically trained jazz skin-pounders. In some respects, technically he was a mess and never played the same song the same way twice and never practiced outside of band rehearsal, which is a shame as I think this might have saved his life and career if he banged on a set at his homes when off tour rather than drinking himself to death. But his creativity, skill and style are undeniable as he changed drumming forever and played like he was playing a lead instrument...

As you can tell by my username, I'm a huge Rush fan. I like most everything they ever recorded. Neil left us far too soon. The greatest drummer ever imo and an underrated lyricist.

Originally Posted by Starman2112
As you can tell by my username, I'm a huge Rush fan. I like most everything they ever recorded. Neil left us far too soon. The greatest drummer ever imo and an underrated lyricist.

Check out these guys from Canada. New World Men. They're fantastic. Here's their youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wxyDrfc8t90P_gIiUOK_Q

AND the drummer is the singer. Play Neils parts and sing Geddys..... that's a lot to ask of a guy. But these guys kill it.

Last edited:
Got a kick out of " I Think I'm Going Bald " from Caress Of Steel with a full head of hair in '76 , not so much now
frown.gif
. " Lakeside Park " another favorite from that album .

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I'm old school and hate that now few vehicles no longer have a CD player to listen to my Rush greatest hits 1 & 2 CDs. ...ž

I love CDs, but not in portable applications - they get damaged too easily there, plus swapping between CDs while driving can be distracting.

That's easy … I just leave the Rush CD in place … all else is XM/FM/AM …

Back