For all you Rush (the rock band) fans and drummers alike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the news section at 2112.net/powerwindows...

Link to page:
http://www.bobbysbrane.com/animation fun/animation-fun.html

My rating: A++++!
Being a drummer that has grown up on Rush since 1980 to the present, I can tell this guy nails the nuances!! WOW! The only thing better would be to animate the live version of that song that includes the drum solo. But, if he did that, he might not be done animating it until 2009!! LOL

Makes me wish I still owned my Peart replica-kit: all 12 drums, 11 cymbals and Simmons pads!

Cool. Another Rush fan. I've seen them on their last two tours when they came through Dallas. I've been a drummer since I was 8, as my Dad was. I have studied Neil since Moving Pictures and throughout the 80's. I also send in a drum solo to Modern Drummer in the earlier 80's for a contest the Neil had and the winner would get his 2112 drumset. Needless to say, I didn't win but what a thrill that was creating that tape knowing that my idol would maybe listen to it. Through all the bands I played in, I always threw in some Rush licks. In fact, my drum solo had quite a few Peart licks on it too.
What a great video. Pretty close to the real Peart. Snare drum is a little higher than it should be. I've always wondered how he could do so much hihat work with it sitting so low and far from the snare. One thing I did learn from Neil, never Rush the tempo and you don't always need to be "lead" drummer.

Ive always admired his ability more than any drummer Ive been aware of. Very intelligent drummer. Got a 3ft deep double bass black pearl set when I was a teen and learned to play by ear. Tom sawyer was my favorite rush song to learn, a literal rush to play along with the song on the loud stereo I had. Great workout playing the drums, my forearms were thick and rock hard. I miss playing them.

Great workout is right. I (finally) was able to spend some time in the hot garage yesterday and play thru most of their last live album. I was pool of vapor when I got finished! A couple blisters to show for my efforts and I now weigh about 5 pounds less. :)

buster, thanks for the video. Vinny is great!

Oh I see you have the double live album for snakes and arrows as well! I can't get it out of my CD player right now. Saw them 2x on the last tour and now I can't get the boys off from the home airwaves. Amazon was selling it two weeks ago for $14! What a deal.

He's always been one of the best. I wish I could pull off some of his solos in my church band :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuAkfEqZz9U&feature=related

35.gif

buster, thanks for posting this! Given the condition of my lower back, I needed to change my kit to make it less than 210° of drums. I was thinking of two rack toms, the conga's, extra snare, moving the ride above the kick, etc. Then seeing this vide of Weckl sealed the deal for me.

I surely appreciate you posting this, I needed to see how playable a kit like this could truly be, it's a great inspiration for me right now!

cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back