Any reason why Redline D6 wouldn't get along with Valvoline Maxlife?

I've decided to switch over to Redline D6 for the transmission for longer drain/high heat peace of mind. It's currently filled with Valvoline Maxlife, I ordered 12 quarts of Redline D6, which is enough to effectively replace the Valvoline over three drain and fills, however, I'm debating whether I should do all three d&fs in one go (driving around the block to mix it up) or if it'd be fine to stretch them out. Any reason why a GRPIII based fluid would clash with a PAO/POE based?

I can't speak for D6 but D4 works good with maxlife.
I'm sure no problems mixing the 2

I added 1.5 qts of Redline Racing low viscosity and 2 qts Redline Racing to my daughters 2005 Honda Civic because of a slipping second to third gear. I added that to a fully flushed Max-Life fill. It fixed the slip for 40,000 miles until the head gasket blow and she drove on it too long that way. Junk. No issues I saw. I also have Redline D6 with a 1.5 qt of each Redline Racing viscosity in my wife’s 2014 Rav 4 and had the same cocktail in a Hyundai Elantra GT with no issues.

I'm mixing Driven Racing AT6 with Ravenol for the second drain / fill for the Escape's transmission. Both are for LV applications so I'm not worried 😉

I've decided to switch over to Redline D6 for the transmission for longer drain/high heat peace of mind. It's currently filled with Valvoline Maxlife, I ordered 12 quarts of Redline D6, which is enough to effectively replace the Valvoline over three drain and fills, however, I'm debating whether I should do all three d&fs in one go (driving around the block to mix it up) or if it'd be fine to stretch them out. Any reason why a GRPIII based fluid would clash with a PAO/POE based?
Longer intervals? What makes you think ester based oil will be able to do longer inteval than whatever MaxLiife is? Ester oxidize faster and acidity is already higher. Don’t get me wrong, I have D4 in my BMW stick, but will not try to do any change interval records.

Longer intervals? What makes you think ester based oil will be able to do longer inteval than whatever MaxLiife is? Ester oxidize faster and acidity is already higher. Don’t get me wrong, I have D4 in my BMW stick, but will not try to do any change interval records.
Long interval for me would be 50k. I'm mostly concerned with maximum protection.

Is it possible to do a line off exchange? Drain and fills with Redline is too expensive to dilute, what vehicle is this?
Not something I want to get into given all my maintenance is done in a cramped apartment parking spot on ramps, which makes doing a level check impossible. Easiest way to do it for me is drain, measure, and refill with same amount. I'm not worried about saving every last drop of fluid.

I've used D6 with Maxlife in both 07 IS250 and 14 RX450h (the hybrid got a quart or two of D4 as well). My power steering in the Ram is also happy with that mix (first D/F with ML, second with D6 or D4, don't remember).
The tranny is the biggest mixing pot (the ones that get serviced), probably only second to your gas tank and the washer fluid, kind of like the RX7 engine.

Back