Any reason Honda would deny warranty coverage on this 2019 Civic R transmission?

Repos are a whole different ballgame. It's very likely that Honda will deny since its had two owners and is a repo.
Totally irrelevant to the warranty. Warranty goes with the car, not the owner. Could have five owners and five repos and it would still be in effect. And I'm not even sure how anyone would know it's a repo. It's not like the title gets branded for that or if Carfax even mentions that.

Clutches are wear items like brake pads. That's why there is no warranty on them. A clutch wearing out at 44,000 miles on a high performance car isn't unusual nor indicative of abuse. And how would they even know it was replaced?

Pop the hood, let's see how the clamps and stuff are on basic bolt-on replacement items like the airbox or intercooler. If those were replaced then returned to stock, the car could have been tuned which any warranty work is denied after. I don't know if these cars have a flash counter but the dealer should be able to find out.

It's stock underhood. Being a repo, most people don't know in advance when the car will be taken so don't usually have time to return to stock. Will see what happens.

Call around to a few dealer service centers in another state and run the scenario by them, see what the predominant answer will be.

My question is how would they prove that.
Do they have to prove it to deny the repair? If the warranty is denied, what would it cost in time and money to attempt a warranty repair?

Last edited:
Totally irrelevant to the warranty. Warranty goes with the car, not the owner. Could have five owners and five repos and it would still be in effect. And I'm not even sure how anyone would know it's a repo. It's not like the title gets branded for that or if Carfax even mentions that.
Doing some digging it seems like the factory warranty will apply, but a number of websites state that repos are sold as is and that the original warranty won't apply.

Doing some digging it seems like the factory warranty will apply, but a number of websites state that repos are sold as is and that the original warranty won't apply.
Repos can be sold as is in the secondary market but that doesn't void the factory warranty. You're thinking salvage cars.

Back