Any Problems with the new HEMIS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys out there with the new Hemi engines have any problems? (2005-2006)

I'm not so thrilled about the 4banger mode, but I like the way the new Jeeps look.

My neighbor has the new hemi he likes every thing about it except the mileage. He claims he is only getting 11 mpg with mostly city driving.
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mr_happy27:
Any of you guys out there with the new Hemi engines have any problems? (2005-2006)

I'm not so thrilled about the 4banger mode, but I like the way the new Jeeps look.

=========
You could always get the 6.1 liter SRT-8. It stays in 8 cylinder mode all the time.

As I understand, Chrysler really took their time to get it right. Introduction was delayed as they had some initial problems in the area of the camshaft mounting in the block. The '02 Ram 1500's were supposed to have the Hemi instead of the 5.9 magnum as the optional engine and did not because of that problem.

The few people who I know own one, love them. If you have to be concerned with fuel economy, the Hemi isn't for you. Take it easy and the mileage isn't bad, but who wants to take it easy with a hemi?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

quote:

If you have to be concerned with fuel economy, the Hemi isn't for you. Take it easy and the mileage isn't bad, but who wants to take it easy with a hemi?

Isn't that why buster got rid of his?
wink.gif
lol.gif
I heard he was getting 13MPG...
wink.gif

yes the trucks do not get great fuel economy. i have heard low teens is to be expected. but the ones with the MDS system seem to do ok, and the MDS system seem to work pretty well. i think it really only deactivates cylinders when on the highway.

They're good engines that perform well. Time will tell if they are reliable over the long haul. They've only been out since late 02, so it's too early to say whether this engine will easily go past 100K without any major issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back