Any phones have a notification light for messages separate from the display screen?

I replaced a cheap older LG phone which had an LED that would flash if I got an unanswered phone call, voice mail, email or text. Very handy if you don't keep the phone with your all the time, as you can quickly see if you got a message without having to wake up the phone. Any phones still have that feature?

I replaced a cheap older LG phone which had an LED that would flash if I got an unanswered phone call, voice mail, email or text. Very handy if you don't keep the phone with your all the time, as you can quickly see if you got a message without having to wake up the phone. Any phones still have that feature?
My Google Pixel has the notification light above the screen. Not sure if this carried over to the newer models.

Maybe the moto phones on the lower end range...mmy wifes galaxy s20 does but that's a big dollar phone.

My LG G3/G5/G7 and Samsung S8 all do. You can even set custom colours for different message types (text vs. BBM vs E-mail) and senders.

My Google Pixel has the notification light above the screen. Not sure if this carried over to the newer models.
It did not. The screen takes up the entire front area. But apprently there is an app you can install to use the ring around the front camera eye to light up.

It did not. The screen takes up the entire front area. But apprently there is an app you can install to use the ring around the front camera eye to light up.
Sorry Pete, but yes it does. I see it blinking every day without using an app. Like I said, not sure if this carried over to the newer models but a Google search says it's common on most pixels.

All the early smartphones had this.. sad to see it has mostly gone away in favor of screens that cover the entire front instead.

My parents Samsung Galaxy S5 and S7 had it. Now their S9+ and S10+ have it I think but I’m not too sure. My iPhone doesn’t have such feature.

These newer phones suck... they are too big the samsung a11 is a nice phone but too large more like a phablet at 6.4"
I was a bit unsure if I'd like the size upgrade from the 7 to the 11 (6.1") I got last year, but within a few days it felt completely natural and now the smaller phones feel tiny to me (especially the screen) - it's all about perspective. I'd rather have the screen cover almost all of the front, personally, and wouldn't want to go back to a lower screen: body ratio.

My two year old Samsung Galaxy S8 edge plus does. It seems to blink red, or blue, or purple, and occasionally green, but i haven't figured out how to select the color

My two year old Samsung Galaxy S8 edge plus does. It seems to blink red, or blue, or purple, and occasionally green, but i haven't figured out how to select the color
Solid Red: Charging
Blinking Red: Missed notification

Solid Green: Connected to charger, fully charged
Blinking Green: Fully Charged

Blinking Blue: Low battery in need of charge

My only other spec would be size. My new Moto e at almost 6 1/2 inches long is too big so I keep it as a spare with a second number. Very nice phone otherwise for just $80. My main phone is a new LG that at almost 6 inches long but also a bit large for comfort in a pocket so I usually leave it in the cup holder unless I expect to use it away from the car. It too is very nice other than size and for $70 I can live with it. I'll check out the Samsungs and Pixels but cant imagine spending $200 or $300 for phone unless it's perfect.

My only other spec would be size. My new Moto e at almost 6 1/2 inches long is too big so I keep it as a spare with a second number. Very nice phone otherwise for just $80. My main phone is a new LG that at almost 6 inches long but also a bit large for comfort in a pocket so I usually leave it in the cup holder unless I expect to use it away from the car. It too is very nice other than size and for $70 I can live with it. I'll check out the Samsungs and Pixels but cant imagine spending $200 or $300 for phone unless it's perfect.
Didn't you get a Palm phone as well? No notification LED in that one either?

Back