Any phones have a notification light for messages separate from the display screen?

Maybe the moto phones on the lower end range...mmy wifes galaxy s20 does but that's a big dollar phone.

Are you sure about that? My S20 has no notification light. It does have an "edge lighting" feature that runs a rainbow around the border when a notification is received, but that's it. Hopefully your wife didn't get fleeced on the price of the phone, yes it was crazy expensive but the deals on it when it came out were crazy. I got mine on a $0/mo for 18 months lease from Sprint. I plan to buy out the lease at the end of the term, which requires 1 month payment of full price lease price ($41.67) and then I can buy the phone for the "fair market value". If that number is too high, I'll just turn it in and go back to using my Essential PH-1 until I decide on something else. Unfortunately, post T-Mobile merger, those amazing Sprint lease deals are long gone.

Anyways, I used to like the notification light, However after having an LG phone with the "always on" display, I prefer it over the LED. Always on keeps the display lit at a very low brightness and displays basic info: time, date, battery percentage, and most importantly notifications. Unfortunately, this doesn't work well on phones with LCD screens as it requires the backlight to be on constantly. My current S20 and the LG I referenced have OLED screens, allowing them to display said information with almost unmeasurable battery usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sad in how this went backwards over the years. I love the LED light, last phone to have it was a Huawei Mate SE, now is use by my daughter in another state. Great phone
So the newest greatest smart phones (and I think apple never had it) do not have a simple LED to show if you have a message. I now have an iPhone XR and my wife has an 11
Smart phone makes us pick up the phone to see if a message came in, older other and cheaper brands were smart enough to let us know without picking it up. :unsure:

Back