Any other besides Fram Ultra include this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Fram Ultra oil filter from Wal Mart that actually comes with a oil service sticker inside the box. Haven't seen this with any oil filter in a LONG time. Hello K and N, Mobil and other premium filter brands! Start doing this now please!

If a car doesn't have a current sticker on it, then I assume the owner doesn't give a [censored] about maintenance. I work at a dealer and I can barely get stickers there! It's just like better filters are in sealed boxes now so people can't swap them into cheap filter boxes; both are needed.
PS Stupid replies are not requested or needed.

Originally Posted By: notech47
If a car doesn't have a current sticker on it, then I assume the owner doesn't give a [censored] about maintenance. I work at a dealer and I can barely get stickers there! It's just like better filters are in sealed boxes now so people can't swap them into cheap filter boxes; both are needed.
This is a quite silly thought process IMO. I personally don't want those silly stickers in my car reminding me like I'm some blonde clueless female. I know how to keep up with the mileage in my car without the sticker. I use the trip odometer. Trip A is for tracking my mpg's. Trip B is for tracking my mileage on oil. I reset B every time I change the oil...simple and don't have an ugly sticker on my glass.

You can EASILY make your own oil change reminders and keep them in your owners manual etc.

There's no rule saying they must stick on anything.

a guy at AZ gave me an entire roll cuz I joked I'd need more than 1. So I have a whole roll of OC stickers. I do cut off the AZ part on top tho.

I change my oil when my mileage on the car's odometer is evenly divisible by my OCI, much easier and more aesthetic than a silly sticker!

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
This is a quite silly thought process IMO. I personally don't want those silly stickers in my car reminding me like I'm some blonde clueless female. I know how to keep up with the mileage in my car without the sticker. I use the trip odometer. Trip A is for tracking my mpg's. Trip B is for tracking my mileage on oil. I reset B every time I change the oil...simple and don't have an ugly sticker on my glass.

+1 Same here. I hate putting any stickers to remind me of oil changes. I also do use Trip B to track my OCI.

From the replies Ive seen above to my original post it appears that some people on this site trust their brains to store lots of useless data rather than write it down. Maybe that explains why virtually every great invention or discovery originated on a napkin, chalkboard, piece of paper, notepad or computer. Its so others know what and when you possibly did something! I will be sure to ask and trust the memory of ground maintenance personnel that the plane I fly next is in tip top shape!

Last edited:
I hate those stickers too!!!!!

I do two things.

1) the Trip Meter (B) I reset after an OC
2) I keep a log (.xls spreadsheet) that I track all that stuff about my two vehicles. ie OCI, Tires, any service performed, etc,etc.

Little window stickers are so 1980's lol

I've never used oil stickers. I can't stand anything on my windshield. I use a spreadsheet -- hanging on a clipboard in my garage. I definitely wouldn't buy a filter due to a sticker -- that you probably paid $1 for.

Originally Posted By: r961161
Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45

+1 Same here. I hate putting any stickers to remind me of oil changes. I also do use Trip B to track my OCI.

+1 that's what I do too. Trip A for MPGs and Trip B OCIs!

How about a Trip C for FCIs ...
lol.gif

That was for BOF.
smile.gif

I use trip B and OLM for Trailblazer. Mazda is tracked on My Mazda online. Bimmer is OLM with free changes at dealer. Can schedule appt. with BMW app.

Not everyone has two trip meters. I use whatever sticker I can get a hold of. I have an autozone one in there now. In my other ride I don't use a sticker I just write it in my composition book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back