Any other besides Fram Ultra include this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inclusion of a sticker is a nice touch. I like the idea from a marketing/packaging point of view, though I don't like them myself and wouldn't use it.

There's plenty of information more valuable and harder to remember than the oil change schedule. I keep a log of everything done to a car since buying it. Post-It notes on my windows would get messy so I use my computerbox.

Back before I kept a log, I never found it hard to remember oil changes. I knew my mileage wasn't extreme so I just did it on a time basis. I'm sure I didn't get the timing perfect but it was close enough.
It was hard to remember more obscure things like if/when some component had been replaced.

Originally Posted By: notech47
From the replies Ive seen above to my original post it appears that some people on this site trust their brains to store lots of useless data rather than write it down. Maybe that explains why virtually every great invention or discovery originated on a napkin, chalkboard, piece of paper, notepad or computer. Its so others know what and when you possibly did something! I will be sure to ask and trust the memory of ground maintenance personnel that the plane I fly next is in tip top shape!
Haha you are funny. Let's see...comparing the PM maintenance of a plane or comparing someone inventing something (of course you are going to write info down; how else will you develop the item, market it, trademark and copyright it??) to someone using memory or the odometer for a simple oil change interval.....comparing ticks to elephants lol!! Bad analogy buddy. As someone else already pointed out, stickers are SO 1980's...

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
How about a Trip C for FCIs ...
lol.gif

That was for BOF.
smile.gif

Say what? Did I miss something?
2hkk.jpg

I dunno, Dad taught me to write the current mileage on the filter can, something I still do today with trip computers, engine computers. Only difference now is I need 2 different sharpies, one black and one silver, depending on which filter I'm using.

can always see it when peeking under the hood or behind the wheel well.

Originally Posted By: flipr29
I dunno, Dad taught me to write the current mileage on the filter can, something I still do today with trip computers, engine computers. Only difference now is I need 2 different sharpies, one black and one silver, depending on which filter I'm using.

can always see it when peeking under the hood or behind the wheel well.

The military taught me to write the date on any consumable parts I installed on airplanes, service work taught me to do the same on air filters.....it's carried over, any filter I put on my vehicle I write the date and the mileage in a visible spot on it. The only filter that I can't see at a glance under the hood is the air filter and that's only a couple wing nuts away. Years ago I used to put the stickers on the inside of the door instead of on the windshield.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Not everyone has two trip meters.

And some cars have two trip meters but they don't go high enough to use them for OCIs! I was just disappointed to find out the trip odo in my new Corvette only goes up to 1999! The one in my last Corvette would go as high as I needed for OCIs.

I still won't use a sticker though.

I made an Excel spreadsheet with: Miles | Service | Products, in columns to keep track of maintenance for my cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back