Any Opinions on Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
When self serve happened in the late seventy's/early eighty's here on the west coast, Oregon passed a law 'not' allowing it. They have never had self serve and I get into trouble every time I go though there. The attendent's freak out when I put my 2oz of UCL in before pumping gas and want to know what I am doing. I put in 2oz of UCL for every 6 to 8gal of gas. The car is rated 39/43 in EPA and I have averaged 43.03mpg overall since I started using it at 37thou (had averaged 41 before with a best of 46-have done numerous runs of 48+mpg since) Today I have 160++thou on the car (98Suzuki Swift 1.3L 4cyl). Have never had a plug foul or any deposits when I put them at 50thou changes-Bosch +2's and in the 6 oil samples taken from 60thou thu 125thou their has NEVER been a problem with any of the sample ###'s. 10thou per change for the first 5 samples and 15thou for the last using M1(3samples)AMS & GC(1 each) and M1-EP for the 15thou run(was told to go 17thou on the next sample run using EP by Blackstone) Yes I swear in the use of UCL!!!!!

PS: I grow up in a Full Service gas station and pumped it from the time I was 11 till 19years old and than for another year or so after my dad passed from age 22 till 24 years old(1965 thu 1978). Yes there was a such thing as FULL SERVICE gas station's back than. 1965 at .19 a gal-regular &.23 for Boron/1978 at .67 per gal-regular &.72 for Supreme when I closed the station. 'Boron' was Richfield's supreme gasoline back than before they were taken over by Alantic Oil Company and they became ARCO-Alantic/Richfield Company which is now owned by BP-British Petroleum which also owns Castrol oil.

Quote:

Good question! Checkout their web site and it may shed some light on the subject.

The msds on the site just says "petroleum hydrocarbons plus additives".. no suprises there.. further reading indicates "oxides of sulfur and phosphorus from burning", so we at least know what anti - wear ingredients they are using..

Reading the data sheet,no tests cited other than claiming "we make the fuel slicker".. no kidding.. adding sulfur and phosphorus would do that, no?

that's technologically advanced for sure.. since the lubricating ingredients of the fuel and oils are being mandated to near exctinction, we'll just dump 'em right back in..

I guess we should just apply the standard " i've run it for years and it never blew up" endorsement.. if anyone has any real answers, I'd like to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back