Any Members With Classic/Muscle Cars?

Not considered an old “muscle car” but it is a classic now lol. 1991 LX with cobra heads, B cam, explorer intake, electric fan, full exhaust, 2700 stall, shift kit and 3.73 gears.
531FC4D2-30F6-4C5B-AF6F-AED2B064C565.jpeg

I think that classic means different things to different people. For example, I wasn't able to get a "classic car" insurance until my car reached 25 years old. And even to me, classic means before 1971-72 ish. And I've even heard(undocumented) from others that...20 yrs old is a classic and 25 yrs old is an antique.
Classic Car Club of America has defined a Classic as one made during a specific period of '20s into the '40s to include the Lincoln Continental. There are "special interest" vehicles [ many from Independents ] too mainstream and common to be considered "classics" and cars considered "Milestones"[ 49 Ford, 55-57 Chevrolet, 64 1/2 Mustang, etc].
Many states have a 25 year date for being a "special Interest" or "antique".
The word 'classic' has been abused for decades.

Had a ‘57 bel air until about 20 years ago. White on black with black/red trim. I grew up with it in the family and kept it running until I had to relocate and couldn’t take it with me. I’d work on it when I visited home and my brother would drive it some. I really enjoyed learning to wrench on it, and having the experience of driving it. It makes me appreciate both what it was, and what we have now. I’m helping a buddy with a ‘49 now, and his ‘49 reminds me that I enjoy mpfi, air conditioning, seatbelts and airbags. His ‘49 is about as complicated as a 21 speed mountain bike. He loves it - I enjoyed mine. I think the classics have much to teach us.

Depends on your version of muscle car lol. But yes I have what I think is a classic car and that’s my beetle a car that I will love and hold onto forever and hopefully own more one day.
Automechanic, we used to joke about these. You just can’t have one VW beetle. If someone owns one, they end up with 6. My dad had...3 if I remember, and based on that he bought a rabbit, and then a vanagon. I picked up a 73 vw bus and Really enjoyed working on that one. unfortunately I took to driving the bus before getting fuel issues sorted and it ended sadly in a car-b-que, but it was Fun while we had it!

Automechanic, we used to joke about these. You just can’t have one VW beetle. If someone owns one, they end up with 6. My dad had...3 if I remember, and based on that he bought a rabbit, and then a vanagon. I picked up a 73 vw bus and Really enjoyed working on that one. unfortunately I took to driving the bus before getting fuel issues sorted and it ended sadly in a car-b-que, but it was Fun while we had it!
Lol the person I bought mine from owned 5 or 6 of them. I want more so badly. But can’t own any other cars right now because we are at the county limit that we live in which is 8 before it’s considered a car lot. I love Beetles and classic VW too but especially the Beetles.

Beautiful car, Machmarcus. Mine is also a 69 R code in winter blue, but has a black interior. You don't find many winter blues out there. That color just "pops" in sunlight.
Absolutely. Winter Blue was a one year only color. Many Grande's and Coupes got that color, but not many of those have survived. According to Marti, mine has a twin that was exactly the same that also came out of the same dealership, Tennessee Motors in Johnson City TN.

I have a 1970 Monte Carlo that I bought in 1987 at the age of 20. It originally was a 400 small block car with a TH350. In 1997 I had a 396 big block installed with a TH400. It needs a restoration again so hopefully one day that will happen.
0bE3sP4l.jpg

rFp7OE0l.jpg
My dad had one of these, green with fender skirts and SB 400. What torque! It was a telephone pole to pole sleeper. Ran out of poop after that.

Back