Any Members With Classic/Muscle Cars?

I searched through a good bit of archives here and didn't see this mentioned very much at all. Anybody here have some classic muscle in the stable?

I have a 1979 Z28 that I've had for 27 years...it was my 1st car that I got when I turned 16 and got my license. Finished a 10 year restoration a couple of years ago.

Whatcha got?

68_Vette back.jpg
PXL_20201208_233653171.jpg

Not any more. I do have the bug to put something together. Always wants a 68 Chevelle

In the past I had some cool daily drivers

70 ElCamino with the 300 hp 350.

69 Chevelle. Was a 6 cyl,3 on the tree car. I put a 302 in it with a 929 cam and a 2bbl from a 307. Car had 3.08 gears and ran a 14.47 quarter mile with the 3 on the tree. I paid $600 for this car with a blown up 6 cyl.

73' 340 Duster. Friend had this car with a dead 340 in it. I traded him the Chevelle for the Duster. This was a neet car with the 340 call outs on the sides and fold down rear seat. Had a 727 trans,3.55 gears and I built a 360 for it.

Never did get this carr to it's full potential. It was a tuning nightmare. The dead 340 would run circles around the 360.

I was into street racing. I got smart and traded the Duster for a 4x4 truck before I killed myself or someone else.

All these were daily drivers and were my only car I had

Yeah, mine was a daily driver when I got it. I was rough on it...going through transmissions like they were free. I've always had more than one vehicle since I was 18 or 19, so the last transmission I tore up, I didn't have the money to fix it right away so it sat because I had another vehicle to use.

When I finally got around to building a good transmission with upgrades, I decided to pull the engine and beef it up too. That process ended up taking a lot more time than I anticipated too since I overshot my budget...by a lot. Then I decided to have a child so the car had to get at least running and driving before the baby arrived.

Engine and trans went in together in 2004, but the rest of the car had gone downhill almost to the point of no return. With age and experience came advancements in my and my wife's careers, so I decided to start restoring it.

The 1st pic is what I started with in 2009 and a few documented pics of the restoration along the way. I actually have the entire build documented with detailed pictures.
IMG_0463.jpg
102_1168.jpg
NCM_0383.jpg
NCM_0390.jpg
20171016_172838.jpg
20200921_195334.jpg

20200921_195403.jpg

20201018_140832.jpg

I am between cars right now. I intend to go back to my muscle car roots on my next car (Buick GS), hopefully this year. It was very hard to shop in 2020. Check my signature and avatar for muscle I have owned.

Here's a photo of the 1980 Firebird FORMULA in my signature taken a couple of years ago at a car show that we entered. My wife & I bought this car brand new in '80 when we got married.

We had Camaro TypeLTs ('74 &'77) and Firebird FORMULAs ('79 & '80). We even had 3 of them at once.

This car is original from the factory. Original paint, drivetrain, never rebuilt, even still has on the factory brakes that it came with...not OE replacement brakes, the originals! Always garaged & maintained by me.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine was a daily driver when I got it. I was rough on it...going through transmissions like they were free. I've always had more than one vehicle since I was 18 or 19, so the last transmission I tore up, I didn't have the money to fix it right away so it sat because I had another vehicle to use.

When I finally got around to building a good transmission with upgrades, I decided to pull the engine and beef it up too. That process ended up taking a lot more time than I anticipated too since I overshot my budget...by a lot. Then I decided to have a child so the car had to get at least running and driving before the baby arrived.

Engine and trans went in together in 2004, but the rest of the car had gone downhill almost to the point of no return. With age and experience came advancements in my and my wife's careers, so I decided to start restoring it.

The 1st pic is what I started with in 2009 and a few documented pics of the restoration along the way. I actually have the entire build documented with detailed pictures.View attachment 38976View attachment 38977View attachment 38978View attachment 38979View attachment 38980View attachment 38982
View attachment 38984
View attachment 38983
Do the Cal Tracs limit rear suspension travel? Nice car.

I think that classic means different things to different people. For example, I wasn't able to get a "classic car" insurance until my car reached 25 years old. And even to me, classic means before 1971-72 ish. And I've even heard(undocumented) from others that...20 yrs old is a classic and 25 yrs old is an antique.

Depends on your version of muscle car lol. But yes I have what I think is a classic car and that’s my beetle a car that I will love and hold onto forever and hopefully own more one day.
One of my friends went through a faze of buying these things down south and shipping them up to New England, where he’d sell them. He did that for a good year or so. He’d make a couple grand off each one, don’t know why he stopped. Probably got burnt on one of them and decided it wasn’t worth it.

But he does this with all sorts of muscle cars and collectibles now. Gets them shipped from down south, keeps them for a little bit and then sells them for profit. Mustangs, Old Jeeps, Chevelle’s, old 1960’s pickups dropped and done over. I don’t think he’s had to spend a dime of his own money on his collection at this point. Just bought a beautiful 1968 Chevy pickup for $25,000. He’ll play around with that for maybe six months and then dump it for a profit.

Back