Any good tire lettering paint?

I have always like the white letters on the sidewalls of many tires. I recently replaced my Geolanders with Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT tires but they are all black. Is there any good tire paint that will last and not come off? Thanks for any help! Pictures of new tires on my 1997 1500 GMC:
mt5cNav.jpg

Zc5MdN9.jpg

most have one side blackwall one side OWL did you look at the "inside" sidewall?
Walmart picture shows OWL for your size but that might not be accurate.

most have one side blackwall one side OWL did you look at the "inside" sidewall?
Walmart picture shows OWL for your size but that might not be accurate.
I did and unfortunately all of these are now black on both sides.

tire paint pens are very time consuming and ... suck. after a few months it will look terrible.
+1

I used an oil-based white lettering marker on my tires.
I got them from a craft store in my area that has all sorts of paints etc.
Sharpie oil-based white paint markers
After a short while, they all started to "brown" and look terrible.
And this is on a car that's garaged year-round and only driven on sunny days.
😩

On the plus side, at least the whole project only cost me about 10-15 bucks.
Far cheaper than a set of "BF Goodrich Radial T/A's" that already have white lettering on them.
🤷‍♂️

The only situation I'd suggest using these pens/paints, is if you are entering into a car show.
Or some other occaision where you only need them to look good for a short time.

Last edited:
Appreciate it, gentlemen! That is what I was afraid of! Wish they came with white but for only $620 for 5 new tires including new spare tire(discounted price) of this quality, I can live with the black walls. It should have been well over $1000 especially needing the 5th tire to replace the unused 25 year old factory spare!

Thanks for the link.
If you don't know what the "Tire Stickers" headline product is, and I couldn't tell by their static web page, scroll down to the left hand video.
They make glue on sidewall decorations. One, "over the designer's shoulder" look was of my favorite...the Goodyear logo in yellow.

I was expecting something hideous like die cut, wood dash look-a-like sticker sets. Man, those were inexcusable!

Back