Any good oil thickener

He wants it for a semi truck. Think north of 15W-40. The OP could go 15W-50. Something like HPL 15W-50 would fit the bill nicely, as it cleans, and has very good anti wear properties. Of course, it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.
exactly you do get what you pay for! I have to shop around when I buy motor oil in transmission fluid and I always try to buy at least a case. for all of you out there considering a boutique product sometimes even if they don't have it on their website they will work with you and catch you or break sometimes over the phone. I try to keep enough on hand to help offset the rising costs due to many variables out of my control and still not have so much that I have to look to giving it away so that I don't not use it in time. I kind of always wanted one of those paint shakers where they put the colorant in a bucket and then it agitates and spins for a minute or so. that'd be fun to do with some l o s and see all the bubbles. I still like to play with the hand crank display at the parts store.

If you believe that a single product with a viscosity of 45 Cst at 100C can simultaneously “increase viscosity” and “provide easier cranking” in cold weather, then Lucas is the product for you.

If you believe that a product made of group 1 oil “increases lubricity” and “extends oil life”, then Lucas is the product for you.

now on to an honest question? wouldn't there be some high-dollar oils that are thicker because of their build? and guess what I'm saying is there's a little bit of give and take and a certain way of oil has to be so thick but there's a parameter where it can be on the thinner side. I kind of thought I was getting that from the zero w20 Redline oil as it's thicker than just about any other 20 weight but it's chemical makeup and composition allow for it to perform better at Colder temperatures.

How much do I need to add to a 12 gallon oil change?
here we go....

s.JPG

Back