Any experiences with Amsoil 5W-30 HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with Amsoil Series 3000 5W-30 HDD CH-4 oil in a diesel?

"PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
AMSOIL Series 3000 Synthetic 5W-30 Heavy-Duty Diesel Oil is a premium quality all fleet lubricant, specifically designed for use in commercial, industrial and fleet applications requiring diesel specifications CF, CF-2, CG-4, and CH-4 and API SH, SJ gasoline engine lubrication requirements."
http://www.amsoil.com/products/hdd.html

I'm not proposing it--I'll stick with Delvac 1--but Amsoil does push it for diesels. I'm just curious if anyone here has had experience with this oil in a diesel.

Ken

Since I don't have a diesel, I don't have personal experience. I do, however, have quite a few customers who are using it in their diesels.
They are very pleased--and oil analysis has shown it holds up very well.

Just an aside--the owner of AMSOIL runs the 5W-30 HDD in his own (gas) engines!

D'ya mean Smilin' Al?

Did you know that he also owns Oil Analyzers, Inc.? Will their analysis be completely objective?

Ken

I used the 5W30 HDD in three gas vehicles for winter use. Never did any analysis but never saw any problems associated with it either. I also use it in my back-up power generator for the winter. Its a 10 HP Tecumseh and you won't hear any piston slap or other internal noises with this stuff. If it had an electric starter, I'd probably have used a 10W30, but since its a pull-type (recoil) starter, I prefer the 5W30 HDD.

Ken,

OAI has shown to be an accurate analysis company with a penchant for having expertise in the analysis of synthetic fluids. I am changing to Terry Dyson's group, however, since I would prefer a company that has no affiliation with any oil company.

Hey Ken,

If you go to:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=5

and do a search, you will find many posts related to your guestion.

Amsoil 5W-30 HDD is a oil made for diesel engines, that is why they recommend this product to diesel owners.
rolleyes.gif

Bill

Ken,
See my analysis numbers on this oil in a Cummins Engine in the Oil Analysis Reports section of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back