Any Actual FRAM failures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by kctom:
QuadDriver
Do you know of a Fram filter failure? I am still waiting. Do you know of a filter manufacturer that has never had one of their filters fail?

Do you know of ANY filter failure? You're still not getting the point (or at least MY point): if you have Product A made cheaply from cheap components, and Product B made from better, stronger components, and they both cost about the same, why would you waste your money on Product A? It's a simple proposition: I don't need to see a failure to make that decision; I just have to cut open the filters and see for myself. I've done that, and Fram loses, period.

quote:

QuadDriver
Do you know of a Fram filter failure? I am still waiting. Do you know of a filter manufacturer that has never had one of their filters fail?

I thought I had posted on this way way back.

the answer is yes, I watched 2 fram filters burst. and I tore down a motor that had fram filter media nicely packed into al lthe oil passages.

I personally have NEVER seen another filter failure of any type.

I have heard of other people telling me what they have SEEN and what they have heard.

The trend is clear - anyone in the automotive industry has BOTH seen failures and heard about failures, and they 99.99999% deal with fram. (this board is the first place where I heard of an amsoil (hastings) filter failing. and the owner had pics to prove it)

quote:

I watched 2 fram filters burst. and I tore down a motor that had fram filter media nicely packed into al lthe oil passages.

Do you remember the condition of the various internal components of the filter?

QuadDriver

Quite honestly, I do not believe you. If the filter had broken apart and filled the engine with debris, would't you have contacted Fram. Yet you have no horror story to relate about Fram's customer service. Seconly, a disintegrated filter can be caused by a collapsed center tube which is not considered a filter failure.

Concerning the bursting filter; Why would anyone, in his right mind, watch a filter burst, then go and install the same brand again on his engine again, as you relate. Also, a bursting filter almost always happens at maximum RPM thereby destroyiong the engine in the process. Yet you report that your engine survived and you tried it again.

Also, how do we know that excessive oil pressure, not a faulty filter, cased this alleged bursting.

Most of this I have related before.

quote:

QuadDriver

Quite honestly, I do not believe you. If the filter had broken apart and filled the engine with debris, would't you have contacted Fram. Yet you have no horror story to relate about Fram's customer service. Seconly, a disintegrated filter can be caused by a collapsed center tube which is not considered a filter failure.

Concerning the bursting filter; Why would anyone, in his right mind, watch a filter burst, then go and install the same brand again on his engine again, as you relate. Also, a bursting filter almost always happens at maximum RPM thereby destroyiong the engine in the process. Yet you report that your engine survived and you tried it again.

Also, how do we know that excessive oil pressure, not a faulty filter, cased this alleged bursting.

Most of this I have related before.

First off, you haven't even addressed my post, most likely because you can't.

Second, to ask for examples of filter failures, and then when presented with them to call the person a liar not only paints you as being in denial to the point of being ... pick your adjective: bizarre, deluded, pathetic, not to mention a real *** .

All right, since you have such high regard for Fram, let's see the great defense: you've been presented with exactly what this post asked for; now it's your turn to prove to us that Fram makes a filter equal or superior to a comparably priced Delco, Wix, etc. in terms of materials and construction. Just telling people that they're lying is a sad defense from a sad individual, and really isn't necessary on a board like this.

Fram racing filters were banned a few years ago by several racing organizations due to high rate of failure. Fram recalled all the filters and said it was just a bad run of filters (over a couple of years) and supposedly fixed the problem.

QuadDriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back