antimony in schaeffer's/mobil 7500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some say that the increase of Na in some mobil and exxon superflo products is antimony. Scaheffer's 7000 series is supposed to have antimony in it. But under the Butler lab's chart the Na does show up in the exxon 7500 etc but for the Schaeffer's no NA. Can somebody shed any light on this. Sales REP?

Thanks

I believe that antimony is a term for a veriety of organic adds that may or may not contain NA but I'm sure that someone that knows this for a fact will chime in.

Antimony is an element on the periodic chart of elements(Sb). I do not think it was used as a term for organic adds.

As far as the original question; the antimony could be combined with something else in the Schaeffer's brew, but I don't really know.

Na = sodium
Sb = antimony

They are separate elements as Winston says, and Sb is not a term for "organic adds".

Seems like some oils are using Sb. I'm not sure about Schaefer's or EM.

Not all labs check for Sb. To confirm your thought with any certaintity, you'll need recent analysis of both oils from an appropriate lab.

seems odd that antimony harders engines. Schaeffer's boast about it. Calling Molakule.....

Elemental Antimony can alloy with lead and makes a hard alloy great for use in cast bullets at high speed like a 44 mag or a 30 cal rifle the hardness reduces barrel leading.
Antimony DTC will not "harden" or even react with lead babbit or tin bearing.
most labs do not run Sb (antimony) but iit will show as moly does if you look for it, replaces ZDDP as anti wear/ antiscuff/AO to.
bruce

All I know is that Antimony hardens lead.
dunno.gif

If antimony does harden lead, then I don't want it in my engine. I had high levels of lead in my last two UOAs. Fortunately Sb was listed as less than 1, which I take to mean their detection limit was 1 and none was detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back